Ziggy Dick's BBQ Cookoff & Festival. Naples, FL

Didn't even know about this one. Would have loved to do it. Looks like a fantastic weekend ahead. How did it go last year?

Great weather last year, looks to be beautiful again this year. The venue has good power and water as I recall. I don't remember there being any problems, plus payout is nice ;)

Everybody needs to thank the Rep Dennis as this will be the last contest he Reps for the FBA. I for one really appreciate his years of service and the dedication he has shown to the organization. Dennis you will be missed by all of the Munchee's Smokehouse Crew! Gary, Perry, Jennifer, Annabelle and Virginia.

I'll be there until after awards. Then Dana is dragging me off to a party and going to try to get me drunk. Not sure when that will be but probably after 6

Big grey trail or with no signage.

What about Friday night? Lots of time to talk then.

Anyone know results yet?

Well, I was there for the awards with Ford (Great Lakes Feed & BBQ) & Pete (Moss Pit) but dont remember enough names to be able to tell you much. Pete cooked in backyard comp & did great w/ 4 trophies - congrats in order. Swamp Boys got a couple in Pro, So did Florida Skin & Bones, Big Daddy & Zoo-wee, but thats about all the names I picked up on & remember. Not much help, I know. Maybe 1 of the teams will kick in some info for you.

the website has not been updated yet, but here is a the top five

gc- git r smoked
rgc- big pappas country kitchen
3rd- wooley bully bbq mafia
4th unknown bbq
5th- blitzkrieg bbq

Just wanted to thank IAB, Ford and Hot Wachulas for all allowing me to cook with them in the past year.

We (Zoo-Wee Mama's) got our very first call at an FBA event last night with a 1st place in Ribs and certainly owe yall a "thank you" for the mentoring and friendship.

Just wanted to thank IAB, Ford and Hot Wachulas for all allowing me to cook with them in the past year.

We (Zoo-Wee Mama's) got our very first call at an FBA event last night with a 1st place in Ribs and certainly owe yall a "thank you" for the mentoring and friendship.

Congrats Wally. First call is for 1st that's fantastic. Maybe I need to cook with you now:-D

Congrats Wally. 1st place in ribs is awesome. 8th overall in your first 4 meats contest. Great job.

Back