sirloin tip and round roast

Auctionman

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Whats the best way cook I can never get it tender.I cook on BGE and have no problem with rib roast chuck and pork just tip and round

Both of those cuts are really low in fat. So, you need a different direction from chuck and rib roasts. You can cook either one to 125* internal and then slice. Or, cook to 125* internal, add to a pan full of onions, peppers and some beef broth, cover and cook until 190*-200* rest and then shred.

I really love smoking a nice eye of round to about 125 IT, resting then cooling for sliced roast beef sammies. A little horsey and some mayo and off you go.

Once I was at a sportsmans race (i think) at Charlotte raceway, David Shelmerdine was being spotted by Dale Earnhardt. Shelmerdine kept complaining about how the car handled in trafic, again and again he complained about the car when in traffic. Earnhardt finally came back..."stay out of traffic." In other words... don't cook tip or round.

I love smoking eye of round for sammies like those guys up there suggested. I smoked these indirect and then hit them with a sear until around 125*. I usually let the meat cool in the fridge overnight, or at least a couple hours, it makes slicing easier, then reheat the slices in the au jus the next day. I find lipton savory herb and garlic soup mix really kicks up the au jus flavor.

IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2557.jpg

Back