CyberQ WiFi Web Service Info (Super Nerdy)

To reset CyberQ Wifi hold up+down+left+right for 5 to 10 sec. .. Looked at your iphone app. Looks Great can't wait.

I'm curious, how far is your controller from your wifi router? That could be a source of dropped connections. Also, walls can reduce the signal strength resulting in dropped connections as well. What do your other devices show as far as bar signal strength out by your CyberQ Wifi Controller?

Personally I have never had this behavior, but my wifi router displays full bars out by my CyberQ Wifi Controller.

Even with the firmware update you might need a wifi booster/range extender. There was another user that eliminated the drops by adding the booster/range extender.

Rick

Any more news on when the firmware update for CyberQ Wifi will be out? I used the Wifi last weekend and the cyberQ II this past weekend and I still like the CyberQ II better due to the software and No dropes. Cant wait for the firmware update. Wright now my CyberQ wifi is just a great $300.00 paper weight.

Last edited:
Bobby,
The web page refresh and load is much quicker in the new firmware v1.0. The first and current version is v0.8 even though the guide says v1.0

We have been testing the new version for about a week now and found a few minor bugs that should be resolved soon.

My advice to all, copy down or better yet make screen shots of all your settings as the upgrade will reset your controller to the factory defaults and also back to adhoc mode.

I just ordered and received the CyberQ wifi. I noticed the instructions were for version 1.0 of the firmware but my CyberQ still had .8 installed.

I was able to set it up in ad hoc instantly -- will try to do the infrastructure with my router later this evening.

BTW -- is there a way to reset this thing to factory defaults in case I screw up the router config? I'm afraid of moving it from ad hoc to infrastructure and then discovering I can't communicate with it anymore. Can I reset it from the keypad?

(I had all about 10 minutes to look at it yesterday -- test the unit and fan -- but I haven't been able to spend much time with it. The web pages seem to come up very slow -- very annoying. I noticed that when I was browsing the config screens on my iPhone.)

Last edited:
Any idea when this firmware will be released? I've got my CyberQ working in infrastructure -- accessible on my entire LAN via my Linksys -- and I *love* it.

palmtreefrb, I'm cooking a butt tonight -- putting it on at midnight -- and I'm using your fantastic app to track everything. Killer app -- I love it!

Thanks...
All the firmware changes have been implemented and bugs have been fixed by the engineer. Very soon, just waiting for the green light.

This is somewhat of a major upgrade/change of the API so there will be breaking changes. The firmware upgrade will require an upgrade of my Windows controller and database. You will need to export all your cooks to Excel as the database will be replaced.

Rick

Any idea when this firmware will be released? I've got my CyberQ working in infrastructure -- accessible on my entire LAN via my Linksys -- and I *love* it.

palmtreefrb, I'm cooking a butt tonight -- putting it on at midnight -- and I'm using your fantastic app to track everything. Killer app -- I love it!

Hey Rick...

Have you tested you Windows app using Windows 7 running on VMWare on a Mac? I don't have any cooks planned right now but I was curious.

Can't wait for the iPhone app.

There is another user running it successfully on Mac using a Fusion VM running Windows 7. I don't have a Mac to test VMWare.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the android version that Sean is working on.

Hey Rick...

Have you tested you Windows app using Windows 7 running on VMWare on a Mac? I don't have any cooks planned right now but I was curious.

Can't wait for the iPhone app.

Thanks...
All the firmware changes have been implemented and bugs have been fixed by the engineer. Very soon, just waiting for the green light.

This is somewhat of a major upgrade/change of the API so there will be breaking changes. The firmware upgrade will require an upgrade of my Windows controller and database. You will need to export all your cooks to Excel as the database will be replaced.

Rick

Dude, I would give a kidney for all.xml.

Last edited:
No need for that, there will be two additional xml interfaces in the next release...

12. Application Developer Information – XML Interfaces
In V1.0 and later the following .xml interfaces are provided for ease of interfacing to apps:
Status.xml – real-time updates of temp/time data.
all.xml - this is similar to status.xml but has more sensor info (names and setpoints). These values are not present in status.xml to keep the execution of status.xml low.
config.xml - this is similar to all.xml but adds all user configurable values.

Dude, I would give a kidney for all.xml.

No need for that, there will be two additional xml interfaces in the next release...

12. Application Developer Information – XML Interfaces
In V1.0 and later the following .xml interfaces are provided for ease of interfacing to apps:
Status.xml – real-time updates of temp/time data.
all.xml - this is similar to status.xml but has more sensor info (names and setpoints). These values are not present in status.xml to keep the execution of status.xml low.
config.xml - this is similar to all.xml but adds all user configurable values.

Sweet, that will make apps easier to build. Thanks for the update.

Sweet, that will make apps easier to build. Thanks for the update.

Well, this might give you a jumpstart...

status.xml
<nutcstatus>
<!--
all temperatures are displayed in tenths F, regardless of setting of unit
-->
<!--
all temperatures sent by browser to unit should be in F. you can send tenths F with a decimal place, ex: 123.5
-->
<OUTPUT_PERCENT>100</OUTPUT_PERCENT>
<TIMER_CURR>00:00:00</TIMER_CURR>
<COOK_TEMP>744</COOK_TEMP>
<FOOD1_TEMP>744</FOOD1_TEMP>
<FOOD2_TEMP>OPEN</FOOD2_TEMP>
<FOOD3_TEMP>OPEN</FOOD3_TEMP>
<COOK_STATUS>0</COOK_STATUS>
<FOOD1_STATUS>0</FOOD1_STATUS>
<FOOD2_STATUS>4</FOOD2_STATUS>
<FOOD3_STATUS>4</FOOD3_STATUS>
<TIMER_STATUS>0</TIMER_STATUS>
<DEG_UNITS>1</DEG_UNITS>
<COOK_CYCTIME>6</COOK_CYCTIME>
<COOK_PROPBAND>500</COOK_PROPBAND>
<COOK_RAMP>0</COOK_RAMP>
</nutcstatus>

all.xml
<nutcallstatus>
<!--
this is similar to status.xml, but with more values
-->
<!--
-->
<!--
all temperatures sent by browser to unit should be in F. you can send tenths F with a decimal place, ex: 123.5
-->
<COOK>
<COOK_NAME>Backwoods Chubby</COOK_NAME>
<COOK_TEMP>755</COOK_TEMP>
<COOK_SET>2250</COOK_SET>
</COOK>
<FOOD1>
<FOOD1_NAME>Brisket</FOOD1_NAME>
<FOOD1_SET>1950</FOOD1_SET>
</FOOD1>
<FOOD2>
<FOOD2_NAME>None</FOOD2_NAME>
<FOOD2_SET>1950</FOOD2_SET>
</FOOD2>
<FOOD3>
<FOOD3_NAME>None</FOOD3_NAME>
<FOOD3_SET>1950</FOOD3_SET>
</FOOD3>
<DEG_UNITS>1</DEG_UNITS>
<COOK_CYCTIME>6</COOK_CYCTIME>
<COOK_PROPBAND>500</COOK_PROPBAND>
<COOK_RAMP>0</COOK_RAMP>
</nutcallstatus>

config.xml
<nutcallstatus>
<!-- this is similar to all.xml, but with more values -->
<!--
-->
<!--
-->
<COOK>
<COOK_NAME>Backwoods Chubby</COOK_NAME>
<COOK_TEMP>755</COOK_TEMP>
<COOK_SET>2250</COOK_SET>
</COOK>
<FOOD1>
<FOOD1_NAME>Brisket</FOOD1_NAME>
<FOOD1_SET>1950</FOOD1_SET>
</FOOD1>
<FOOD2>
<FOOD2_NAME>None</FOOD2_NAME>
<FOOD2_SET>1950</FOOD2_SET>
</FOOD2>
<FOOD3>
<FOOD3_NAME>None</FOOD3_NAME>
<FOOD3_SET>1950</FOOD3_SET>
</FOOD3>
<SYSTEM>
<MENU_SCROLLING>0</MENU_SCROLLING>
<LCD_BACKLIGHT>50</LCD_BACKLIGHT>
<LCD_CONTRAST>10</LCD_CONTRAST>
<DEG_UNITS>1</DEG_UNITS>
<ALARM_BEEPS>3</ALARM_BEEPS>
<KEY_BEEPS>1</KEY_BEEPS>
</SYSTEM>
<CONTROL>
<TIMEOUT_ACTION>0</TIMEOUT_ACTION>
<COOKHOLD>2000</COOKHOLD>
<ALARMDEV>500</ALARMDEV>
<COOK_RAMP>0</COOK_RAMP>
<OPENDETECT>1</OPENDETECT>
<CYCTIME>6</CYCTIME>
<PROPBAND>500</PROPBAND>
</CONTROL>
<WIFI>
<IP>192.168.101.10</IP>
<NM>255.255.255.10</NM>
<GW>192.168.101.1</GW>
<DNS>192.168.101.10</DNS>
<WIFIMODE>0</WIFIMODE>
<DHCP>1</DHCP>
<SSID>CiscoRouter</SSID>
<WIFI_ENC>4</WIFI_ENC>
<WIFI_KEY>xxxxxxxx</WIFI_KEY>
<HTTP_PORT>80</HTTP_PORT>
</WIFI>
<SMTP>
<SMTP_HOST>smtp.hostname.com</SMTP_HOST>
<SMTP_PORT>0</SMTP_PORT>
<SMTP_USER/>
<SMTP_PWD/>
<SMTP_TO>destination@someplace.com</SMTP_TO>
<SMTP_FROM>source@someplace.com</SMTP_FROM>
<SMTP_SUBJ>Temperature Controller Status E-Mail</SMTP_SUBJ>
<SMTP_ALERT>0</SMTP_ALERT>
</SMTP>
</nutcallstatus>

Last edited:
Palm, I love the program!! Thank you so much for making it!! Would it be hard to code in an audible alerts option? Just wondering if that option might make it in someday.

It's already done, just waiting for the next firmware version to be released. You can see a screen shot on my website.

Palm, I love the program!! Thank you so much for making it!! Would it be hard to code in an audible alerts option? Just wondering if that option might make it in someday.

The new screenshots look great. One question: is it possible to set a range alarm? If it falls below X degrees or goes above Y degrees?

I see you've got a single temp alarm (but from the screenshot, I wasn't sure if this would work for a range, too.)

For me, my concern is less with a single definitive temp and more a range -- 235F to 270F or whatever. So long as it's in the range, I'm fine -- and fluctuations within the range don't really matter (and probably give the meat the distinctive character of any given pit).

Also -- is it possible to show/hide the individual food probes on the graph? I'm cooking ribs this weekend, so I'm only concerned about the pit temp. Is there an option to still record the food probes but not actually show them on the real-time graph?

Just looked at the screenshots They look Freaking Awesome! Cant wait for the new firmware update and software. “ Plamtree Rocks”

Palmtree does rock!!! I am super exited for the new version. I was thing more of an alarm for the food. But this begging guy is not a chooser.

Bobby,
What I wanted was to be notified if the pit temp fell below or rose above a given value. So, If I enter 25 and I set my pit temp to 225 an alarm will be triggered at 199 or if the pit temp rises above 250. So essentially there is a range between 200-250, above or below that the alarm will sound. Does that work for you?

I think we can remove probe series from the display if you need that. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Rick

The new screenshots look great. One question: is it possible to set a range alarm? If it falls below X degrees or goes above Y degrees?

I see you've got a single temp alarm (but from the screenshot, I wasn't sure if this would work for a range, too.)

For me, my concern is less with a single definitive temp and more a range -- 235F to 270F or whatever. So long as it's in the range, I'm fine -- and fluctuations within the range don't really matter (and probably give the meat the distinctive character of any given pit).

Also -- is it possible to show/hide the individual food probes on the graph? I'm cooking ribs this weekend, so I'm only concerned about the pit temp. Is there an option to still record the food probes but not actually show them on the real-time graph?

Back