• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Planning a trip to MIM!

chefdad

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have always wanted to go to the Memphis in May BBQ competition. Not to compete, but to hang out with friends and meet some of the legends. Of course, eat awesome bbq!
I was wondering for those who have attended, could give us some advice in planning for the trip. What things should we stay away from and what should we look into? Want to make this trip awesome! Any advice or suggestions would be great. Thanks brethren!

If you did not read the Memphis In May 2013 thread under the competition section here is the link: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150371 . If you are going to invest the money to attend I advise you to join a team. You do not want to pay out all that money on travel and hotels to be on the outside looking in. We are still accepting new members if you are interested. When you are on a team it gives you a place to eat, party, and relax. You then venture out to visit some of the other 250 booths making friends and contacts to come back when they are parting. We will have Brethren from all over the U.S. and some from other countries. Don't worry you don't know anybody right now. Most of our out of town members joined the same way and are now fast friends with one another. Most have continued to return year after year to be with one another at MIM. If you want more information contact my son Neil at our wed site or my self. No matter what you decide please stop by our booth and say hello.

Thanks for that tip Swinebuck.I just sent a message through you join us page.

Sounds really cool.
Didn't know such an opportunity existed!
Will be checking my calender or at least watching for next year.
Thanks.

Join a team or you will be eating commerial BBQ from a vender.

You could always sign up for a VIP package or get in a a Kingsford Tour of Champions Judge

If you are serious about seeing MiM join Too Sauces to Pork, best option for the full meal deal.

Mike

I have always wanted to go to the Memphis in May BBQ competition. Not to compete, but to hang out with friends and meet some of the legends. Of course, eat awesome bbq!
I was wondering for those who have attended, could give us some advice in planning for the trip. What things should we stay away from and what should we look into? Want to make this trip awesome! Any advice or suggestions would be great. Thanks brethren!

READ THIS...

http://www.toosaucedtopork.com/guide-to-memphis-in-may-bbq-fest-a-k-a-mim-wcbcc/

We wrote this a few years ago to show people what to expect. Food Network and all the other shows make it seem like you walk in and its a pork free for all...it ain't.

The only way to do MIM is:

To know people in a tent,
Have a team,
Join a Team,
or pay for a MIM VIP Ticket...

Neil

JayAre: We have four 10' X 20' tents and wood flooring throughout so you can stay dry and not get your feet wet.

With upgrade in size of your new lot your going to need more tents...

34x54 lot is the biggest you can get...

GO TOO SAUCED TO PORK.... Second dam best sauce in Memphis 2012

Back