View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #8
JazzyBadger
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by early mornin' smokin' View Post
poobah, i've been there for one of your charity cooks. And the brethren do great things. It's just when I see a post that goes like "...ive been cooking meals at home to order for some time now, and i'm going to take my go at a roadside stand this weekend." As a guy who's put in months of labor, thousands of dollars to do it right. A post like that is blood boiling.

Trust me, if I could've circumnavigated the DOH, Servsafe, building and fire inspections, I would've. But the truth is, you can't without trying to get yourself shut down.

I guess it comes down to using the search function this great forum has before starting another......"how many, what if" post. There's countless threads about quantities, starting a business, catering, etc. If people looked a little before asking a lot of this frustration could be squelched.

mods, delete the thread if necessary, sorry if feathers have been ruffled. It's a free world, read it if you want, answer if you dare.
If people searched for 90% of the questions asked on this forum, and people used tags in the original threads to make the searching easier, we'd hardly see any thread activity through most of the different sections on the forum.

Every single Thanksgiving we see a slew of turkey questions in Q-Talk, and I guess we could just start telling people, "Look it up farker!" but I think it makes sense to answer the question.

I think the most important question here is: Has the catering section of the forum lost integrity?
Thanks from:--->