Weber-Smokey-Joe-in-North-Carolina-Blizzard.jpg
50770065-16b198458ee2796b8b25b85a14de3ca5.4b2d3ff5-scaled.jpg
Weber-Bullet-in-Snow.jpg
Weber-Large-Kettle-in-Snow-1024x768.jpg
Char-Griller-Smoker-in-Snow.jpg
Gas-BBQ-Grill-in-Snow.jpg
Weber-Gas-Grill-in-Snow.jpg
Weber-Smokey-Mountain-Smoker-in-Snow.jpg

I stumbled upon this blog http://www.porkbarrelbbq.com/hot-bb...-and-bbq-smokers-in-snow-send-us-your-photos/

You live in SoCal? Rub it in, will ya? I HATE SNOW! I HATE IT! In fact, if it's too cold for tshirts and shorts it's to freakin' cold for me. Unfortunately until I can move to San Diego or Miami, I'm stuck with cold weather and snow much of the year.

I do not have any yet but after October 31st I'll have plenty.

I'll also post some pics of smokin' with my UDS while I'm knee deep in snow.

Luckily, it's too early for snow here. I'm not looking forward to the snow in any way at all. It's gonna suck.

Snow is awesome. I can build a wall around my pit in the winter to block the wind and it costs me nuthin'. For that matter, I could probably build chairs and a table out of snow too. Plus you can prep all your stuff outside and not worry about getting anything greasy, nothing gets spoiled from heat, and as an added bonus snow makes things nice and quiet. Oh, and you can just stick your beer in a pile of snow and it gets colder than when you started!

You guys really hate snow?

Sorry, no shots of the smoker in snow, but this was the view from my smoker (I was using it at the time -- it's the first place I shovel).

IMG_4.jpg

This was a couple days later.

IMG_1.jpg

you can just stick your beer in a pile of snow and it gets colder than when you started! You guys really hate snow?[/QUOTE said:
I think you changed my mind buddy :thumb:

We don't get a lot of snow here, but it gets cold! Coldest I've run my barrel in was 10 below. My barrel seemed to almost work better than cooking in the summer heat.

We don't get a lot of snow here, but it gets cold! Coldest I've run my barrel in was 10 below. My barrel seemed to almost work better than cooking in the summer heat.

Do you have any kind of insulation around your barrel? I've seen some threads where guys do. I would think cold temps would warrant burning a bit more fuel too? I'm looking forward to cooking this winter!

John

Here are a few pics from last year.
IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

It can be done! :thumb:

There is a Klose BYS, WSM, and a Weber kettle in there

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 373
:tsk: I am not looking forward to this crap in a few months. ><

Back