Oakridge Black Ops Brisket Rub

Melrod59

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Good morning Brethren!!

What does everyone think about Oakridge Black Ops Brisket Rub?? I just purchased a bag from Amazon but I haven't tried it yet. Looking for opinions. Thanks and have a great day!!!

Mel

My favorite rub for brisket and short ribs. I don’t even try anything else anymore !

Good brisket and all around beef rub. We enjoy it at the house and have used in competition for brisket

Is blackops spicy (outside of the typical black pepper)?

Hard to find rubs not loaded with heat.

If you were to eat it straight, maybe a little bit but that's not the end result on cooked food in my experience.

Is blackops spicy (outside of the typical black pepper)?

Hard to find rubs not loaded with heat.

I am a huge Oakridge fan, but the Black Ops is probably the only one of their products that didn't do it for me. Tried it twice and I wasn't a fan. To answer your question, yes...it has heat outside of black pepper.

I am a huge Oakridge fan, but the Black Ops is probably the only one of their products that didn't do it for me. Tried it twice and I wasn't a fan. To answer your question, yes...it has heat outside of black pepper.

Guess i'll stick to my montreal steak + killer hogs on beef.

I've only tried it once on brisket and I just wasn't a fan. I'm more of a SP guy though. Actually, my wife tells me I'm obsessed with black pepper lol.

It is really good. I have used it on beef ribs and chuck roast. I did not get a complaint from my heat allergic (not reaally) wife about too much heat.

Back