View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 10:49 PM   #10
Q_Done_Right
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMadMan View Post
Seems that above links are invalid or broken.

I do know of one family who sold Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, and Salads out of their driveway / garage on community yard sale day. They got away the first year with a sizeable profit, the second year they were cited and had fines totaling just slightly north of $8,000.00.

Although I can't see your articles because of the bad links, if it's a food truck, they are covered. But I did see an article awhile back where they would host a BBQ party in a back yard and tweet it. Many said it was the best BBQ they had, but the article didn't state if monies were exchanged or not. I would presume if there were no funds exchanged, it would be legal.... Simply guests arriving to socialize with each other.

But any type of exchange (Money, Goods, Services, ect) and that idea goes down the drain.
Sorry about the links...they were working before and are still good online where I found them; must have done something wrong. But yes, all these guys are flat out cooking AND selling barbecue right from their front or backyards for actual compensation to complete strangers they meet online through Instagram. People DM them orders for the dates they cook. And these guys have thousands of followers online and are getting a ton of press about it in the media. Itís crazy. Nobody has sued any of them from what Iíve heard. Itís being done in California, Texas, Virginia and other places. Like I said though, Iím just shocked these guys put themselves at such risk.
Q_Done_Right is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->