• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Need pork chop marinade

B

BigTone

hey boys, I wanted to grill some boneless chops tonight and was looking for a marinade, anyone have a good one they wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks, Anthony

Hey Anthony, my family has always been a big fan of Stubb's pork marinade. I don't know about the East coast, but it's readily available out here in California.

Matt

Zesty Italian with a little hot sauce du jur or Allegro is nice if you can find it.

Stubb's is good, but I don't marinade chops. I brine. 1/2 cup Morton Kosher Salt, 1/2 cup brown sugar, a couple of tablespoons of soy sauce or Worchestershire and some of whatever rub I use on the outside to a gallon of water. You don't need a gallon of brine for a couple of chops, so cut everything in half or one quarter. Brine for an hour then rinse and dry and let them sit in the fridge for an hour to equalize. then rub and gill to 135 internal, rest and enjoy!

One of many that I like is a mix of 1/2 water and 1/2 soy sauce with some ground ginger, granulated garlic, brown sugar and some red pepper flakes. I don't use an exact recipe, I just adjust it to my taste, and let it marinate for a couple hours then grill as Ron says to 135* IT.

KC

Stubb's is good, but I don't marinade chops. I brine. 1/2 cup Morton Kosher Salt, 1/2 cup brown sugar, a couple of tablespoons of soy sauce or Worchestershire and some of whatever rub I use on the outside to a gallon of water. You don't need a gallon of brine for a couple of chops, so cut everything in half or one quarter. Brine for an hour then rinse and dry and let them sit in the fridge for an hour to equalize. then rub and gill to 135 internal, rest and enjoy!

this one's good...I used it a few weeks back for some chops. nice flavor, and the chops came out nice and juicy.

My vote is ponzu lime and chipotle for a few hrs, seasoned with a little season salt(I use flavor glow), cracked peppercorn. Skeet some ponzu again once grilled.
d5c9a838.jpg

marinade

I do chopped garlic olive oil and balsamic vinegar or soy sauce with whichever rub I am currently stuck on. It always turns out pretty good

I like a little latin flare for mine

1C OJ
1/2C Lime Juice
2-3 cloves garlic
4-5 green onions
2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp drieg oregano
handful of cilantro
S&P

Blend all the ingredients together in blender or food processor and marinate meat for 4 hours min or overnight.

Last edited:
My absolute favorite store-bought marinade for grilled pork chops is Goya mojo criolla. One of the few store-bought sauces or marinades that I use, actually. It gives pork a delicious flavor.

Zesty Italian with a little hot sauce du jur or Allegro is nice if you can find it.

i will second this, they wont crisp up or even brown unless you really get it all off when you are done marinating, but the flavor and tenderness is really great. i use this for whole loins as well.

this one's good...I used it a few weeks back for some chops. nice flavor, and the chops came out nice and juicy.

brines are a great way to ensure a good chop....

mine is
1/2 gallon water
3/4 cup kosher salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4-1/2 cup whorchestershershire sauce (usually)
1/4-1/2 cup soy sauce ( most of the time)
1/4 -1/2 cup franks or other hot sauce ( always )
couple tablespoons of Tonys or other type of seasoning/rub/ whatever.

i will make this up and keep it in the fridge as kind of a base and then when i make pork or chicken i will pull it out and mix it 50/50 with either water, OJ, pineapple juice, apple juice, peach juice, or what ever else is sounding right at the time.

as you can see i kind of wing it, but thats whats makes what we do fun IMO.

Back