• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Worth grabbing this smoker for free?

Chronos

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I saw that someone local is giving away this 18 year old smoker for free. As you can see it's been sitting a while and is very rusty.

What does it take to save a smoker like this and where could I find information to tell me what needs to be done?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

Attachments

• Smoker.jpg
    Smoker.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 831
  • Smoker2.jpg
    Smoker2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 827
  • Smoker 3.jpg
    Smoker 3.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 828
Go get it !!! alot of the guys here use that one and very simular ones. as far as fixin' her up,.. I'm sure there's already a thread on fixin on these up,.. and if not,... start one!! FREE is good. a little time and effort, and you might have yourself your new favorite smoker.:-D

Free enough said! Yes! Need more pics to see if it is rusted out. If it is not rusted out clean, paint season. or you might find some one to sandblast. If rusted out, it depends on your skills in welding.

Looks like a good summer project. I'd get it.

Go get that smoker! A little wire brushing rust dissolving and paint and it should work and look like new!

I'd ask them for gas money so they don't feel so bad with you having to cart it off the the scrap heap just so they can beautify the back deck area:roll:

I'm a little mad I didn't see that first. If you think it's too much work let me know, I'll buy it off you. I feel like I've been looking for that forever

Free... farkin free!!!! I've been waiting for a Bandera in Vegas for so long. I hate you! LOL...Great score.

Back