BBQ Sauce bottling ideas

Q

QueTPiesBBQ

Looking for ideas on a way to bottle our bbq sauce. Starting out small at first to use as gifts, but want the look of a store bought sauce. Anyone have any good copacker or bbq sauce bottling info to share?

Chris, Let me know what you're looking for and how many bottles at a time you want to produce. Most co-packers have a very hefty minimum and if you don't have a broker/contact for a retail outlet ready to place an order it's hard to justify the expense. Not to mention shipping, storage, the ability to move several pallets of cases.

Don't know if they have them in your neck of the woods, but there are kitchens out here that'll allow you full use of their space for $25 an hour. There was a special run on the news the other day about these places, and one guy happened to be bottling sauce. Might be worth some research...

hey bud, not sure to be honest how many bottles to start with. Just trying to get some information. It would be cool to be able to give some out at christmas to family and friends. You got any ideas?

BBQ Sauce Bottling

If you just want to give gifts, company's like Head Country BBQ in Oklahoma have a private labeling program that is somewhat inexpensive. Minimum 14 cases at $21 per case, plus the cost of labels and shipping. And they make a very good bbq sauce.

Web site is www.headcountry.com ask for Paul.

BBQ Sauces include Original, Hickory and Hot. Good stuff, good people.

There are other companies that do private labeling as well. You can also make your own sauce and order bottles. Fill them up and give them out.

Check out www.bottles.us/
and www.simplylabels.com

Bottles.us has bbq sauce bottles for sale and simplylabels.com has the cheapest prices on labels I was able to find. This is probably the cheapest method for what your considering. DIY ! for gifts.

call lambs farm in libertyville ill thay have a comp there thay do copacking in many sizes i will be doing my sauce there soon

Check out www.bottles.us/
and www.simplylabels.com

Bottles.us has bbq sauce bottles for sale and simplylabels.com has the cheapest prices on labels I was able to find. This is probably the cheapest method for what your considering. DIY ! for gifts.

I'm reviving an old thread here, but I've been looking around without much luck. If I want to bottle and sale only a few bottles at comps and cookouts, are the bottles like these with the pressure sensitive lid: http://www.bottles.us/pickcap.asp?bottle=723&type=Each safe to use, and would I bottle the sauce the same as if I was using a mason jar (sanitize everything, hot water bath, etc)?

Thanks for any input!

I'm reviving an old thread here, but I've been looking around without much luck. If I want to bottle and sale only a few bottles at comps and cookouts, are the bottles like these with the pressure sensitive lid: http://www.bottles.us/pickcap.asp?bottle=723&type=Each safe to use, and would I bottle the sauce the same as if I was using a mason jar (sanitize everything, hot water bath, etc)?

Thanks for any input!

That will work as long at you get the metal cap with rubber gasket. Hot fill the bottle (make sure the sauce is at 180º & the bottle has been sanitized) - put cap on tightly - invert bottle (so sauce is now on the cap) to create seal.

As long as your sauce is acidic enough, you will not need the water bath though doing that is an extra safety step.

If you're looking to sell these, most states do require at least a commercial kitchen to be legal. Some will also require specific licenses for food processing if you do not have a restaurant license.

• Thanks
Reactions: cpw
Thanks for the info Cha Cha. I guess I need to look into health regulations now as well.

BBQ sauce co-packers

There is a company in Denver called Branded Sauces. They have their own items and will put your label on their products. They may be able to use your recipe as well. Danny Cash is the owner and the address is www.brandedsauces.com

Hope this helps or gets you further along the road.

Frank Eriksen
www.radioboulder.us

Back