ATTN: Contest organizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
Just some ideas thrown out as per request from one of our members.

Would you folks find it useful to have an Organizers Area in this forum.? Is there any interest?

It can be by signup only(joinable like gaming or news and politics), or

it can have restrictions to be for organizers only(if decided)

or it can be public domain for all to see, or a mix of both.

It can have sub forums for your contest information, or just be a general organizer area to hash out issues.

It can be just about any way we want to make it.

If you think it would be helpful, let me know.

Personally, I think it's a great idea. A private place to discuss ideas, then a public place to post information or the like. Good idea Phil. Scott

I think there is no need to hide idea's. All organizer or most at least come on the public forums and ask all of the teams for ideas. I think they will have double threads running, one in that forum and the same one in comp forum. Just my 2 cents.

I'd like to see an area where organizers could share expierences and share information, privately. It may help them, and us in the long run. If it's wide open, I'm afraid that they would get too many questions to make it worth their time. As a part of the job they will publicize their event when the details are set. As a part of their job they will ask questions in public to get feedback. If they neglect the latter two issues they will fail or fall behind the competition in time.

Give them their space.

I was considering starting a yahoo group for organizers in 2009

That is one of the subjects I was going to bring up at the KCBS
Organizers Round table
Phil if you need help with this just call

Anyone else?? Majority thinks its a good idea, but i dont see alot of organizers responding.

Arlie, Merl, Gene, roo-b-q, Jeff in KC, etc.. I'd like to hear from them.

Being a first time organizer, I think it would be a great idea. Could be like a mentor program.

I agree with all the above. I come here to get ideas and talk over issues as it relates to putting on a comp. Anything this site can do to help us is welcomed.

I would say a private area to discuss and then the Comp area to put out information. Like Jorge says a place to discuss and get ideas or bounce ideas off one another would be great.

My take on it is yes it would be great but only if it were a private one and a public one. If organizers are going to chat it needs to be between them and then they can bring better communication and ideas to the public one.

I agree communication is great, but it seems that it would be double work. The best ideas come from an open forum, IMO. To talk about something and than to ask the "PUBLIC" would be double work. I would say do it in the open so you can get feed back right away. just my opinion

As far as an organizer I would like to see a private and public. I think wide open would not be a good thing for an organizer standpoint.

Anyone else?? Majority thinks its a good idea, but i dont see alot of organizers responding.

Arlie, Merl, Gene, roo-b-q, Jeff in KC, etc.. I'd like to hear from them.

I'm not an organizer...yet...but I have been kicking around the idea of contacting the city of Duvall to see about adding a BBQ competition to our annual "Duvall Days Festival". So I say yes...any info for us "would be" organizers will be awesome. :p

I think it should remain open. Who else has more experience with contests? Organizers or contests? I can guarantee you that Ihave helped more contests get on the right track and that is because of my experience at contests. I do not see what the cons could be to want to exclude people? Are our views wrong? I mean, we would be the one's cooking it right?

Scottie

I think it should remain open. Who else has more experience with contests? Organizers or contests? I can guarantee you that Ihave helped more contests get on the right track and that is because of my experience at contests. I do not see what the cons could be to want to exclude people? Are our views wrong? I mean, we would be the one's cooking it right?

Scottie

You aren't the average contestant:cool: I can also see a legitimate need for organizers to compare notes on certain contestants, for various reasons. That would probably be better accomplished with some privacy:mrgreen:

I can see the need for privacy. But I just think the folks with the most experience and probably ideas are the cooks.

There was just a thread last week about payout for a contest in Indiana. I believe it was OV1 got aeverything he asked for and probably then some fromt he thread. I think that is good for all involved..

I can see the need for privacy. But I just think the folks with the most experience and probably ideas are the cooks.

There was just a thread last week about payout for a contest in Indiana. I believe it was OV1 got aeverything he asked for and probably then some fromt he thread. I think that is good for all involved..

Absolutely! Just because organizers would have a private area to discuss certain issues, doesn't mean that they would be confined to that area. It's just a convenience for them, to hopefully allow them to better serve the teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back