• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Discussion Thread -> "Extravaganza of Peppers!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Extravaganza of Peppers!"

peppers-at-market_zps2278605d.jpg

As chosen by Der Husker for winning the "Gettin' Fed in the Med!" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

DerHusker said:
Moose, how about "Extravaganza of Peppers!" It can be anything that starts out as a Whole Pepper or includes Peppers and the peppers must be displayed in the finished dish. Special Rules: 1. Chili/pepper powder or pepper/hot sauce doesn’t count. (I want to see pieces of pepper, not dust or liquid) 2. Black/White/Pink pepper or any other thing made from peppercorns is a spice.

Excellent! More special rules...:roll:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 3/28 through Sunday 4/6.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 4/7

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
"Hot" peppers, or just peppers? Scoville units a factor?
Peppers of any kind, Sweet Bell to Ghost, are equally welcome. I'm going to vote on what I would most like to eat. Heat / scoville units are not a factor to me, but I'm only one vote so you are the judge on how you want to proceed. If you think more will vote for a fiery hot :mad2: dish then go for it. :becky:

Patiently waiting for a delinquent thread so I can post a picture of Gwyneth Paltrow from Iron Man and ask if can enter that pepper...

In the mean time, this should be an interesting one. Since the main subject of this TD is peppers, is there any restriction on if they themselves need to be cooked on a grill, smoker or whatever?

Peppers of any kind, Sweet Bell to Ghost, are equally welcome. I'm going to vote on what I would most like to eat. Heat / scoville units are not a factor to me, but I'm only one vote so you are the judge on how you want to proceed. If you think more will vote for a fiery hot :mad2: dish then go for it. :becky:

Well, according to local legend Redhot would be cooking my entry and she often tries to set me on fire...

Chile Rellenos

I’ll start this one out with Chile Rellenos. Please accept this as my entry into the “Extravaganza of Peppers” Throwdown.

I love Chile Rellenos and I caught some Poblano peppers on sale so I decided to make them for this Throwdown. (I never knew just how much work they are to make before today)

Everything was cooked on my kamado.

Now out to my gas grill to cook them up. Heat approx. 1/2" of oil in your skillet. Now dip each relleno in the egg mixture and fry up.

I heated up some frijoles and Spanish rice and plated it up with some Queso Fresca and Tapatio hot sauce.

Please use the photo below as my polling picture.

Muy Bueno! :becky:

The entire cook thread can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184942

Back