2017 Texas Brethren Fall Bash Planning

I'm thinking of picking up some tiny prime briskets for me and smitty to cook. Maybe this way they will get done before everyone leaves. I'm thinking 8-10 pounds.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My favorite size brisket even though I don't plan on bringing the pooper this year.

I tell you what, this Egghead Invasion is the best thing that ever happened to bashes. I respect the heck out of y'all for bringing your precious porcelain on the road and the cooking creativity on display is second to none. You may not be able to cook more than one brisket at a time, but y'all do some wonderous things with the space you've got.

Oh and since y'all may not have heard anywhere else, I'm gonna be a married man next Spring! Y'all will probably meet my fiance at this Bash, and it looks like we're getting hitched on April 28th.

Dave, looking forward to seeing you again and meeting your fiance.

That's awesome Dave

Get Signed In!!

:bounce:58 Days till the2017 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash :bounce:

Wow we have right at 30 or so signed in to attend the 2017 Texas Brethren Fall bash!!
That's great! And we have plenty of room for more at the Bash!
If you are still going to attend and have not signed in, please do.
This will let the cooks know about how much to cook for. :mrgreen:

Smitty, I have the briskets. 11LB and 12Lb primes from Costco that were on sale at $2.99. If I can find smaller ones I'll get them but these should be under 10LBS once we trim them up.

:bounce:55 Days till the2017 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash :bounce:

November 11 is Veterans Day. We will want to express our thanks to all of those who have served our Country the Day of the Bash.
Just a reminder that this is also Calvin's birthday, sliding billy's son, and we want to celebrate it on Saturday.
Any thoughts or ideas you have on these two events let's hear them please!! :mrgreen:

Smitty, I have the briskets. 11LB and 12Lb primes from Costco that were on sale at $2.99. If I can find smaller ones I'll get them but these should be under 10LBS once we trim them up.

Going with a 50 day wet age brisket?

:bounce:46 Days till the2017 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash :bounce:

I passed up tickets to the UT game and tailgating from a vendor. In my opinion the bashes are more enjoyable. :heh:

Kaos...glad you guys are able to make it.

Only 30 minutes from me so I gotta make it, will sign up when I get back in front of a real computer. Count us in for 2

Larry and Cyndi
Great, good to hear!
And welcome to the Bash! :mrgreen:

Only 30 minutes from me so I gotta make it, will sign up when I get back in front of a real computer. Count us in for 2

Larry and Cyndi
Larry I went ahead and signed you guys up. You can add info to the signup if you like.
See you there! :mrgreen:

Back