Thanks Bretheren - First Brisket came out great, w/ pics

kydsid

Reaction score
I'd like to thank everyone on this site. Did a lot of searching and reading to tackle my first brisket. Always shied away and stayed with the easier stuff like pork butt.

Walked into the butcher shop this morning and another customer was taking the flat of choice brisket so I picked up the crown, about 11lb for 2.49 a pound. Great price for around here so couldn't pass it up.

Came home and fired up my cheapo offset, newly modified, thanks to the bretheren. SFB charcoal basket, pans with sand for heat retention, smoke stack lowering, and oven gasket to seal the lid.

Thanks everyone who contibutes. :clap2:

On to the pron. :D

6450598369_b464a3179a_z.jpg

6450601691_27e1d79333_z.jpg

Very nice
Need to do a brisky
Hope it turns out as good as yours

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Nice job...I just bought a brisket here and it was $5/lb... I'd cook brisket more often if I had your prices

looks like a first rate job to me especially if this is your first brisket, great work!

That definitely does not look like your first one. That looks like one of the pros did it. Dang! I hope when I get to that stage, my first one comes out looking half as good as that! Great job!! :clap2:

That really looks good. I hope it tasted great. I'm guessing you are pretty happy right now. :thumb:

CD

Looks great! Can't wait to do my first brisket. Hope it trns out as good as yours!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Ok... so somebody clue me in. That brighter pink color all the way around the edges of the slices... is that the "smoke ring" that I've been hearing about? :confused:

Tish, the pink ring is the smoke ring and our brother there had a killer one on that brisket!

Winner, Winner, Brisket Dinner!!

Looks awesome!

Back