stainless steel oyster shells = awesome

We just buy fresh schucked oysters and use muffin pans. One dollop of garlic butter and a dash of Tobasco sauce in each topped by an oyster, cook till the edges are firm, swallow, repeat!!

Well I've seen your chow, so I can't wait to see what ya do with them. I loves erschers.

we eat most of them raw out of the shell, I had a vision of you spooning an oyster out of a quart jar putting a drop of hot sauce on it and shooting it.

when i eat them raw, i just fill up a bowl and grab a stack of crackers and go to town. if the fam had to wait for me to open them, we'd probably all starve. not to say i couldn't open an oyster (i have a great unused oyster knife), but i haven't opened any in 25 plus years. i'd probably be better at it now than i used to be, but to get a sack opened for a ten spot......

I love oysters on the half shell and can't imagine eating them from jars. But I guess that comes from living next to an Ocean! However, I did recently get a bacterial infection from raw ones. Lost a solid 10 pounds inside of a week. Really, really sick. Antibiotics fixed the problem.
When I was growing up, we used to have Oysters Rockefeller frequently. Pretty good but better freshly shucked.

Those SS shells look a little like a beat up pan I had to pee into when I was in the hospital.....

I can see where these would be handy for those times when you really don't have time to shuck a sack of oysters. We can get fresh shucked oysters by the quart jar down here. I still prefer raw oysters on the natural shell, but for broiled oysters such as oysters Rockefeller, I would think these would be better for time and prep purposes.

Back