• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hot RIBS - ǝɔuǝıɹǝdxǝ ǝʇɐɯıʇln ǝɥʇ - RIBS Fast

Thanks for that video explanation........It's just the perfect funky sounds that a mere novice like myself needs to groove with...

firecrackerjack:wink:

heaaagggh! That's a James Brown Lyric! Heaaaaghhhh! Ste beh gotta hep stand yo nub, beat bac, for a litta whyl. Heeah!

Ba offa yo mikes chillden! Hey! Huh! AAAAgh!

yeah sorry bout the Hendrix thang

2 years ago I actually used this video of eddie doing james to do a special rib recipe everyone asks me how I do and oddly enough gets pissed when I tell them. It cause the most nasty writings on my site when I posted it. I delelted the project and never posted in here.

I make something called "Break my heart Loinbacks." I was going to use this because the recipe (and old low country recipe I discovered) simmered the ribs first in a STRONG chicken or meat stock combined with apple cider and dark beer along with several other spices and lots of bay leaves. The ribs are then tossed on an open pit (regular is fine too) and smoked while you reduce the stock down.

Thing was, the resturant that mad this back in the 30's, 40's and 50's - well, as you made more ribs the stock got more flavorful and thus the ribs were better. Eventually the stock was made as a base for a sauce that glazed the ribs at the end.

I about got death threats and all i was trying top do was show a historical recipe, like when the veteran Walter Jetton boiled his briskets in beef stock before throwon them on an open pit. It was the wrong approach even though the video with eddie was hilarious.

I need to cook some ribs and try that shutting it all down technique, see how that works out for me.

Man. Saved your Youtube page to my faves. Simply...words escape me.:eusa_clap

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who sat and watched through them all today. :) Lots of instant favorites in those! Kind of an odd mix to look through my youtube faves and see 100 kung fu videos and then 10 funky bbq videos. :)

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who sat and watched through them all today. :) Lots of instant favorites in those! Kind of an odd mix to look through my youtube faves and see 100 kung fu videos and then 10 funky bbq videos. :)

The Turky and Dumplins (featuring nice breasts) is closed as is the filthy assed butts video and maybe even the "Shake" featuring models that play human tetris in bathing suits. The asses and sexiness for the SALT lick video was killed too. As is the "If I smoked your Brisket" video.

Tough to get a teaching job with videos like that. Tough to be a committee member of your church that way too. LOL

The Turky and Dumplins (featuring nice breasts) is closed as is the filthy assed butts video and maybe even the "Shake" featuring models that play human tetris in bathing suits. The asses and sexiness for the SALT lick video was killed too. As is the "If I smoked your Brisket" video.

Tough to get a teaching job with videos like that. Tough to be a committee member of your church that way too. LOL

Ha! Yeah, I didn't try watching the closed vids or the family vids, I was lookin' for barbecue! :D

Hear ya on the closing up doors to look good to the job market though, HR people look everywhere....

I have to say, some of those videos, especially this most recent one, are really well mixed. Lotta music I was never exposed to either but sounds incredible.

Donny, keep Truth marching on! It's the library o gold you got going. Maybe you could turn chit right side up fo the old folks.

yeah sorry bout the Hendrix thang

2 years ago I actually used this video of eddie doing james to do a special rib recipe everyone asks me how I do and oddly enough gets pissed when I tell them. It cause the most nasty writings on my site when I posted it. I delelted the project and never posted in here.

I make something called "Break my heart Loinbacks." I was going to use this because the recipe (and old low country recipe I discovered) simmered the ribs first in a STRONG chicken or meat stock combined with apple cider and dark beer along with several other spices and lots of bay leaves. The ribs are then tossed on an open pit (regular is fine too) and smoked while you reduce the stock down.

Thing was, the resturant that mad this back in the 30's, 40's and 50's - well, as you made more ribs the stock got more flavorful and thus the ribs were better. Eventually the stock was made as a base for a sauce that glazed the ribs at the end.

I about got death threats and all i was trying top do was show a historical recipe, like when the veteran Walter Jetton boiled his briskets in beef stock before throwon them on an open pit. It was the wrong approach even though the video with eddie was hilarious.

Wow, that is a PeRFECT match!:mrgreen::mrgreen: Death threats? LOL, I could see it. Like my Daddy said, son he cooks q's just good enough to think he q's good. Those people can be dangerous.

I think its a great idea. Just like the night train Brisket. I would love to try the recipe. Kinda like Myron squirting that quart of lighter fluid on his pit. When you got you got it. Shake the haters off.

Title the thread "Boiling Ribs 101," :biggrin::biggrin:

Wow, that is a PeRFECT match!:mrgreen::mrgreen: Death threats? LOL, I could see it. Like my Daddy said, son he cooks q's just good enough to think he q's good. Those people can be dangerous.

I think its a great idea. Just like the night train Brisket. I would love to try the recipe. Kinda like Myron squirting that quart of lighter fluid on his pit. When you got you got it. Shake the haters off.

Title the thread "Boiling Ribs 101," :biggrin::biggrin:

I could swear I had this as a signature once. I hate to start controversy but my question is, if boiling or simmering ribs could never ever ever ever in a million years create a superior product to non-boiled ribs, then why make it illegal in competition. I mean if we can have chicken salad (and technically every KCBS entry is a salad) as an entry and be cool with it cuz it aint gonna win why not boiled ribs? LOL This is rhetorical.

3 hours in.. come on honey. Getting skeerd.

Last edited:
I'm doing all the cooking for a friends Home/House Warming Party. Butts ABT's Ribs etc. First time I tried hot and fast, was gettin skeerd, cuz the honey wasn't comin.
Between the rain wind, cold and 1 and 3 year olds, pron is unsuccessful. Got one good shot, hopefully post tomorrow.
Just had to play some of that honey come music. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2aeRg_yMSE

i never did Butts or abt at that temp. rainy days are tough to get things hot enough. I miss my Funkotorium which covered my Meat Mama 3000.

What is your equipment. With some set ups you can actually just keep the pit closed until you HEAR it. Like listening to popcorn in the microwave, you would shut it down when you hear the most dripping and sizzling.

In your particular case, heres a great song recorded before his tummy blew up in that tour bus years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAA_LUCb0QE

Back