View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #51
LightmanE300
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvanceTheMan View Post
I have a Windows 7 machine, don't understand this step. I can find Airport Utility and open it. I don't see applications/utilities or anywhere to 'edit'. Sure this is more a problem I'm not computer savvy. Can someone help?
Other than using an apple extreme router - which I'm not familiar with - it should all be the same.

Step 7 - rejoin your home network - all this means is that previously you were in adhoc mode - as I had described in my above post - you would have logged on to the 'wireless network' of your cyber q. In step 7 all they're saying is to disconnect from that, and get back on your standard home network - ie your wifi from or Ethernet plug into your router. the only difference you may find straying from his directions is between steps 7 and 8, there appears to be an assumption that the installer is looking at his router configuration page. You will likely need to get to this manually - look at the apple extreme instruction book (you hopefully kept it or I am sure it's downloadable online), but for most routers you simply open a web browser and type the word router in the address bar...for those that don't have that feature the address is typically 192.168.1.x. Most times it's 192.168.1.1 . Type that in your web browser and hit enter..and you should get to your router controls. From there you should be able to follow the instructions..let us know how you progress. Good luck, it's worth it once you're set up!
LightmanE300 is offline   Reply With Quote