• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fatty Combination Advice

jeffsee

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey Brethren,

I haven't posted for awhile (since I am usually so Pron heavy, some of you may have felt happy about that :boxing:). At my campground, we have a brunch tomorrow at 11:00 am. The neighbors expect something smoked, so I though: Breakfast Fatties on the WSM!!!

I will actually post pics later, but I used Cowgirl's directions to make my own fatty piston (I have a second cartridge for when I double up on fatties:clap2:). SOOOOOOOOOOO easy.:becky:

Here's what I have so far:
  1. Two cartridges with hash browns, fried onions and scrambled eggs
  2. (One of the cartridges also has dices Jalepeno)
  3. I have Plowboys Yardbird and SM Spicy Apple
  4. I have pear and pecan for the smoke
  5. Enough bacon to make some nice weaves

Here's my query:confused:: Do I use one or the other rubs? Both? Does one rub go better with the jalepenos? I am inexperienced with jalepenos, but folks here at the campground LOVE them.

I patiently await advice from the good folks on this list who make me look good here at home.

Thanks in advance.

I'm glad I don't have to make that decision. I don't see how you'll be disappointed with either.

What would Cowgirl use? Seems she is always right on.
I agree with Chris, you can hardly go wrong.

First Pics!!

483a525c.jpg

I scrambled some eggs, fried onions in garlic olive oil, and fried up some hash browns.

354a4ffe.jpg

Some sharp cheddar, of course.

dcaf2d15.jpg

And two casings ready to load.

No. Do I put Plowboys on the jalepeno? Do I put SM Spicy Apple on the "regular" breakfast fatty? I want the best layers of flavors.

Jeff See

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Here's What I Decided...

After great thought, here's the combination I decided on (sorry about the crappy pictures :doh:, but cell phone has limitations :boxing:):

12d58de6.jpg

The bottom fatty has the breakfast mix sans jalepenos with SM Spicy Apple :thumb: dusting before and after bacon weave.

c1302e78.jpg

The top one has the breakfast mix with jalepenos with Plowboys Yardbird :clap2: dusting before and after bacon weave.

The fatties are both at 104 right now. I'll post more pics when They come out and I cut them.

No final pics. Thunderstorm forced us inside. Two well-stuffed fatties were GONE in 10 minutes. Big hi with everyone-I guess I guessed right on the combination. Now I need a nap.

Jeff See

These were so good I could have made 4 more.

Jeff See

Back