• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

120 Gal Tank build thread...

Very nice work. If I am ever in Jamaica and in need of a custom built smoker in under 2 weeks, I know where to go.

Very nice my friend..... kinda hate to see this thread come to an end, I look forward to seeing your progress. Congrates on the smoker, it looks great! That yard bird don't look so bad either..... :thumb:

Can you feel the jealousy over there? Truly awesome Brother.

Awesome! I had planned on a 250 gallon build, but after seeing yours I think a 120 gallon would serve my purpose.

Thanks Bro. Same here, I picked up a 250 and a 120 and decided to go with the 120.. Im thinking that I'm gonna sell the 250 now. Push comes to shove I'll get another 120. But that's not gonna be for now.

Very nice work. If I am ever in Jamaica and in need of a custom built smoker in under 2 weeks, I know where to go.
:becky::cool: Thanks Colonel, You can borrow it anytime :wink::becky: I dunno when I'm gonna make another one like this. Was a lot of work. Now I need to catch up with the rest of my life. It's like i took 3 weeks off to get her done! Well worth it though. :thumb:

Very nice my friend..... kinda hate to see this thread come to an end, I look forward to seeing your progress. Congrates on the smoker, it looks great! That yard bird don't look so bad either..... :thumb:
lol Was thinking of the thread sinking to the depths of the brethren Qtalk and it made me kinda sad :shock: But we know it will be there and hopefully it can help a couple people down the line that's looking to do a similar build. That and the fact there's still the trailer to be done. :wink::thumb::cool:

Can you feel the jealousy over there? Truly awesome Brother.
I feel the jealousy alright.... Your's is bigger!!! & on wheels already!!! :mad2::shocked::boxing::heh::becky::thumb:

Cheers

Nicely done my friend..... very nicely done......
Thanks a lot brother! :thumb:

Where's my passport? Oh, there it is. Wait, expired in 1982?!?:roll:

That is simply beautiful. I can't say more.

The Swan has taken to wing.

Thats hilarious.. don't use the passport much do you?! :becky: Thanks a lot Deguerre. I cant agree more... I feel like a proud pops. The ugly baby has grown to be quite a looker... at least in my eyes! :thumb::cool:

Cheers

Been following this thread. Great build! Glad she runs so good for you. Going to have to change your sig line now.
Congrats :clap2:

Paul

Awesome build Phrasty, will be coming back to this in about a year or so. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks a lot guys.
MileHigh, Technically the trailer still has to be built :heh:... Gonna try get some steel for that in the next couple weeks. Glad you enjoyed the build!

Cheers

:clap2::clap2::clap2::mrgreen: << thats me green with envy! WOW!!

That is just awesome! What a masterpiece...thanks for doing this...start to finish!
I can see it now...

120 gallon Smoker TRAILER build!!:laugh: I'm serious!!

thanks!

Dude,that oss is somthing to proud of :-D no joke,and you built it with quickness,I have been building a smoking trailer for a few months 1hr here 1/2hour there but you got a home run right there.:hail:

Hi Phrasty
thats a thing of beauty! Glad to see such a good result for all your labors.
Just wondering though. What kind of wood do you burn in Jamaica? being a tropical area I wouldn't have a clue as to what you would use to smoke......

That's one awesome build. I like the photo essay. Great for amateur builders. :clap2: :thumb: :clap:

Thanks guys. She's been treating me real well. Want to try get her on a trailor by early 2011. We'll see how that goes! :heh:

Hi Phrasty
thats a thing of beauty! Glad to see such a good result for all your labors.
Just wondering though. What kind of wood do you burn in Jamaica? being a tropical area I wouldn't have a clue as to what you would use to smoke......

Sup Bingo, I use quite a few different kinds of wood to smoke. We can get mesquite & hickory chunks out here (imported) but to be honest I never use them. I use Pimento, Appleton Rum barrels (oak), oak, almond, guava, lychee, orange, maple... we have a couple options :thumb:

So how did it turn out??? Show us the finished pictures?

Hey Chris, here are a couple pics in action. :heh:

screen-capture-714.jpg

screen-capture-713.jpg

Cheers

Do you have fig there? The fig in my backyard is now only grown as smoker fodder, it is so sweet if my wife wood let me I'd use it for aftershave (not kidding) almond is nice so I've heard, very mild. Any info you could give me on those other woods would be nice.
BTW thats a really nice bunch of ribs you have there. Thanks for the updates.:clap2:

What a great road map for a build:thumb: Thanks:-D

Back