Wedding for 250

indianagriller

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I just want to see if i am in the ball park on my pricing, I got an email from a distant relative who is wanting me to cook for her wedding next april. the menu is pulled pork, slaw, potato salad and a roll. I told her i couldnt give an exact figure due to fluctuations in meat pricing. The price i am coming up with using a catering calculator is around $1800. is this ball park or not.

^^ plus, are you serving? providing cafing dishes or warmers? Midwest pricing is not near as high as the West Coast so I'd shoot for anything from 8 to $10/person. Again, that depends on the above mentioned items as well.

$8.75 pp, as long as you get first crack at the bridesmaid.

Well, i guess it doesnt matter because even at that lower price I was told that was too expensive and they will just do fried chicken from walmart. I told them that that was fine and quoted Mike Mills "Good food aint cheap and cheap food aint good" I am willing to be they wanted me to cater the whole thing and do it for cost of food. They may be family (distant = only around when they need something) but thats alot of cooking to do.

Don't sweat it brother. People don't understand all the hard work you would have done. fried chicken from wall mart sounds horrible. Do a rack of ribs and take to wedding and show them what you could have done:-D

I guess the lesson is to find out the budget and work around that before you work up a quote, could save a bunch of time and effort, especially when working with relatives. I would call Wal-Mart and find out just how much the chicken option is for 250. You might be surprised.

Back