Assassin 28....picked it up yesterday!

i have had my assassin 24 for a year this month,it is still the dream cooker that i have always wanted.the qaulity is second to none

You really need to get your priorities straight!

:becky:

Yeah I know, right. You can tell her that. Got the ok on the smoker no problem, this would be a harder sell than getting the smoker.:boxing:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will load one soon, unfortunately I had a schedule change and going to Chattanooga with wife for the weekend. When I get back ill get something's on it, especially next weekend!

NOOO!!! I have to wait another whole week?! :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome Tack, no problem man glad the video put you over the edge. Proud to see another Alabamian get one, I told them I would get the word out the best I could in AL since it was more seen in Ga. One step closer :clap2:

Holler at me if you need anything. You will really enjoy their customer service, you picking it up?

I am driving over with a utility trailer to pick it up. I really want Jeff to build me a custom trailer for it but I am trying to take things slow. I am cooking my first contest next month in Decatur at Riverfest. Are you planning on going over for that?

I am driving over with a utility trailer to pick it up. I really want Jeff to build me a custom trailer for it but I am trying to take things slow. I am cooking my first contest next month in Decatur at Riverfest. Are you planning on going over for that?

Good deal, baby steps...

Ive been over to riverfest, that is a big one for your first one. Good luck! I wont be doing it this year unfortunately, my season tickets for auburn hold me up every fall :) Next year I will enter.

Good deal, baby steps...

Ive been over to riverfest, that is a big one for your first one. Good luck! I wont be doing it this year unfortunately, my season tickets for auburn hold me up every fall :) Next year I will enter.

I hate to miss the AU / Miss St game to do it, but the company I work for asked me to do it as a promotional tie in for some of our customers. I will have my satellite set up to pull for Texas A&M as hard as I can before watching AU that night. Thankfully the good games start after turn in.

Alright guys, im finally throwing on 6 racks of st louis, a couple butts and maybe some competition chicken for a little practice. Will get some pictures and maybe a video for some action again. Sorry for holding off but my work and social schedule has sucked here this past week and I knew I had time this weekend so will do my best to get something on here by Saturday night, probably Sunday morning.

'Bout farking time!

:becky: :becky: :becky:

Alright guys, im finally throwing on 6 racks of st louis, a couple butts and maybe some competition chicken for a little practice. Will get some pictures and maybe a video for some action again. Sorry for holding off but my work and social schedule has sucked here this past week and I knew I had time this weekend so will do my best to get something on here by Saturday night, probably Sunday morning.

Looking foward to seeing it in action

Enjoyed the video, hopefully you can do another for us!:thumb:

:hungry:

:pop2:

Will do by best, for some reason youtube and that other site hated me...took forever to upload that video but I know many had asked so helping the brethren out as well as the Assassin brand. Ready to get the inside of that blackened a little more.

What type of wood are you going to use? How big do you make your chunks? How many? How often? Very interested in the whole process of the gravity pit

I plan on using mostly peach, throwing in a piece of pecan in there for a little heavier smoke. I will probabyl throw in 2 pieces of peach and 1 of pecan once I get it up to temp and right before I throw on the meat. It will be a wait and see approach, like doing the same amount once that first throw in stops producing. I wont put much more after 3 or so hours. I am waiting to see how it handles before I change anything up from this. I might do an every hour for those first three, will let you know.

What type of wood are you going to use? How big do you make your chunks? How many? How often? Very interested in the whole process of the gravity pit

With my Assassin I have been using 4 or 5 chunks of wood. They have been about 6" long by 3" square for either oak or hickory. I have also mixed in some chunks of either apple or peach (3" or 4") for a little sweetness.

I throw those in the ash pan after the temperature has stabilized and right before I put the meat in the cooker. I haven't been adding anymore wood later on in the cook. For my tastes, I have had the right amount smoke. Very definitely present but not overpowering.

Peach and pecan chunks, put butts on early. Ribs going on shortly. Just wanted to get some start up pics on here. They have been steady at 250 with the wifi guru.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 433
I'm considering one of these as well. If you had the opportunity to order one of these again with the experience that you now have using it, what would you do differently? Thanks!

Back