BigMista's SoCal Send Off Bash Saturday 8/4

Going to have to throw in the towel on this Bash, I really wanted to make it but was just there in June and not enough notice to get a flight (cheap). I Hope everyone has a good time and post plenty of photos. Greg I’ll be back in January for NAMM, maybe we can get together then.

Yes! Gimme a holler! :hungry: And yeah, this one came up quick - saw that Neil was splitting and was all "oh chit! we gotta do something!"

Not gonna be able to make this one. Have fun!

We will and by all means come Bash with us anytime!

Greg....
the goat will be made chopped into tacos? Maribel said she can make a red and green salsa not crazy spicy but little spicy...lol

Yup! That sounds perfect and I'm cool with spicy if y'all wanna go there!

Since my smoker will be in storage, I will be going early to make breakfast. Come early and get your grub on!

^^^:whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo:^^^

That is the best news I've heard in a long time! :hungry:

I know I'll be there, as will frognot, Marty Leach, and SirPorkaLot 'cause they're getting in Friday night. Of course any/everyone is welocme to join!

Looking like a sweatpants kinda day! :shocked:

Or just may go full on muu muu :tsk:

Was planning on getting there around mid-day. Hmmm... what time is breakfast?

When Neil says it is! :hungry: come on anytime, Marty!

Last edited:
I'll be bringing jalapeno dip/chips. I'll bring a bunch of avocados for the tacos too. I got a case of water and I'll bring my cooler with ice. May bring a dessert also. My friends Norm and Chris are coming with me. Do we need sides? Greg, do you have any idea what everyone is bringing? Just checking because you know we always leave a little hungry!

^^^good question on the sides! I'll be doing some brisket beans, my next door neighbors said they'd be bringing some slaw. Not to sure what all is being brought - tomorrow afternoon/evening I'll see what I can suss out and put up an update on who's coming, what they might be bringing, etc. I'll also send out PM's to the folks who are/might be coming with address, etc.

^^^good question on the sides! I'll be doing some brisket beans, my next door neighbors said they'd be bringing some slaw. Not to sure what all is being brought - tomorrow afternoon/evening I'll see what I can suss out and put up an update on who's coming, what they might be bringing, etc. I'll also send out PM's to the folks who are/might be coming with address, etc.

:thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I'll be bringing jalapeno dip/chips. I'll bring a bunch of avocados for the tacos too. I got a case of water and I'll bring my cooler with ice. May bring a dessert also. My friends Norm and Chris are coming with me. Do we need sides? Greg, do you have any idea what everyone is bringing? Just checking because you know we always leave a little hungry!

Sounds great, Greg. Communicating who's bringing what helps a lot. The Missus and I have decided on a change of plans. Instead of Sriracha wings, we're going to bring Pig Candy Cinnamon Pecan rolls. So, dessert is covered....sort of. :mrgreen: We also may bring some salsa roja for the tacos from Tacos Por Favor, which is off the charts good. Addictive stuff!

Let us know what the head count will be so we bring enough for everyone.

Alrighty - here's what it's looking like right now - hopefully I'm not forgetting anybody - if so, let me know and I'll update. I've also listed what folks have mentioned they're gonna bring - obviously no need to feel limited by or locked in to what's been listed - food is good in all its forms, esp. when made by Brethren and Sistren!

Bigmista - breakfast
silverfinger
campdude - jalapeno dip/chips, avocados, water, ice, maybe dessert (yes! :hungry:)
frognot - Conecuh sausages and chocolate chip derby pie
martyleach
SirPorkaLot
Tonybel - red and green salsas
ssv3 - will be able to make it for a couple hours at some point in the day, and will have such a great time he won't leave.
DUBBAGA - yeah, I'm putting y'all on the "gonna be there for sure" list - you know y'all need to be here! :becky:
Moose & the missus - pig candy cinnamon pecan rolls, salsa roja
IFlyEm - hopefully picanha!
oh yeah - gtr - cabrito, corn tortillas, brisket beans

"highly probable" - i.e. gonna farkin be there! tom and mrs. b

might be there

mtbchip - dessert
Leftwngr
just remembered I gotta hit up hachi-roku_fan, SoCalWJS, & Mike Twangzer

SmokinJohn said he should be able to make it & Big Brother Smoke is a maybe.

Everyone is welocme - my wife and kidees will be out of town, but feel free to bring young 'uns, friends, whatever - it's all good!

pm's going out soon - if not tonight, then tomorrow night.

As stated some of us will be starting with breakfast - if anybody wants to come early and join us, and if you wanna start a long cook, come on by early. There's all kinds of smoker & grill space available. For example, if someone wants to come and cook a brisket (now there's an idea...:hungry:) it's doable! There's fridge space, kiitchen, all that btw.

I cannot wait to see my Brethren Brothers and Sisters! It's always such a great time with amazing eats and incredible people. If there are any new farkers in the area reading this and wondering if you should come - I'll just say that if you like to eat great food, maybe have some adult beverages, and laugh yer azz off, then the answer is yes you should.

So what's the updated guest list and number of folks coming at this point? Need to make sure we have enough pig candy cinnamon pecan rolls!

• Thanks
And are you going to enter goat ribs in the throw down?

• Thanks
Dang - y'all farkers are quiet!

Anyway, silverfinger, Marty Leach and SirPorkaLot have had unforeseen conflicts arise and will not be making it, but SmokinJohn & his bride have confirmed they'll be there, which is fantastic.

Yeah, I'm not real happy about my schedule that day but hopefully I might be able to slip in to give Niel one more "reacharound" before he leaves town :heh:

Annnd, my BBQ Wife is going to be there without me? :shock:
Not fair :mmph:

So what's the updated guest list and number of folks coming at this point? Need to make sure we have enough pig candy cinnamon pecan rolls!

There's been a few changes - will go through those after work. The other couple posts on this page should be kinda close, though.

Yeah, I'm not real happy about my schedule that day but hopefully I might be able to slip in to give Niel one more "reacharound" before he leaves town :heh:

Annnd, my BBQ Wife is going to be there without me? :shock:
Not fair :mmph:

Neil would love that!

Also - to throw it out there - frognot is crashing at the house, so I imagine we'd be eating breakfast on Sunday, so if you wanna mosey on up for that, feel free! We'd love to see you.

I'm happy to say we will be there for sure :-D I'm not sure what to bring but Stephanie did mention tater salad, looking forward to seein all yall Saturday

Back