Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Medium

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Medium Rare

Votes: 152 70.7%
  • Rare

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Pork chop bland? You must have had it the way my mom cooked it growing up. Chewy and dry as fark. Pork chop beats a steak every time. If its done right.
Best ones come off the Weber Go Anywhere. I have plenty of bland pork chops that were poorly cooked but done right it beats steak.

I have had steak cooked at SCA events. I have had them cooked by people telling me how steak is amazing. There is nothing special about steak. Except a black nugget marinaded steak now that fixes up a steak nicely. Gives it some wow factor. There is nothing wow about a steak. Its just bland and boring. Seems to me its over rated.

ok, if you say so.:doh:

Medium rare here. Worked with a guy that liked it blue rare which to me is 1 step away from it walking in the pasture!

depends on the cut. mostly i'm a medium to medium-rare. when I'm out to eat medium is the safest, at home I cook to what ever I happen to feel like that moment.

Medium-rare as well. However - Ill eat it almost any way it's cooked, although I'd probably cry a little while chewing through a well done steak. If I was paying high dollar restaurant prices I'd send anything beyond medium back. Oh yeah and Beef > Pork every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I voted med rare and that's what I order out. What I'm really after is more about texture, I want it to just go firm no matter the color. Venison, elk or well aged beef can get firm at very rare. I like to keep them juicy but no jelly texture.

Pork chop bland? You must have had it the way my mom cooked it growing up. Chewy and dry as fark. Pork chop beats a steak every time. If its done right.
Best ones come off the Weber Go Anywhere. I have plenty of bland pork chops that were poorly cooked but done right it beats steak.

I have had steak cooked at SCA events. I have had them cooked by people telling me how steak is amazing. There is nothing special about steak. Except a black nugget marinaded steak now that fixes up a steak nicely. Gives it some wow factor. There is nothing wow about a steak. Its just bland and boring. Seems to me its over rated.

:shocked:
:shocked::tsk:

Fact: steak is not bland

I say medium rare. But that also works as a target goal, that hopefully the cook can get it somewhere in the range of rare to medium. That is acceptable. I have hit all the above with my own. I don't like to cook them for my mom, because she says medium well, and my habit is to undercook meat. Not sure about Pittsburg rare? I guess it would depend on the cut?

Medium Rare to Medium, anything past that is overdone.
Rare isn't quite there for me, not sure why, as I used to love it that way, but maybe my tastes have changed as I grew older.

I will of course make allowances for other people cooking for me, as I do have some friends who like to cook, but haven't quite mastered their grills. Lots of times if I'm with them, I'll volunteer to cook since they provided the heat (grill) and the meat (steaks) preparing them is the least I can do.

Wow. Those had a long run.

Introduced May 8, 2007
Discontinued July 2007 (The Sharper Image)

Back