• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Breakfast Sausage w/o Sage?

hamiltont

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So the neighbor says last night. Find me a Breakfast Sausage Recipe w/o Sage. (He's a machinist by trade and computers are not his thing.) Says he's tired of sage sausage. Well, I think no problem right? Easier said than done....

So, any tried & true Breakfast Sausage Recipes out there w/o sage? Just looking for something he can mix up & make patties with.

Thanks!!!

well here he is on the phone

sorry had to delete it was a bit blue! But look-up jimmy dean sausage sage maple complaint. too funny You-tube

Last edited:
Breakfast sausage without sage? Man. Even BANGERS have sage.
I know... I suggested just using his regular "sage" sausage recipe and leave the sage out. Not sure that's what he was looking for...

Maybe a sausage by a different name? Italian Sausage or Farm Sausage or Country Sausage?

I found a few w/o sage. We might just have to play around with some of the recipes & see what we get? That might be fun anyway! Get the ol' Disc Wok out & start fryin' up test batches...

Sausage is about like chili or gumbo.... add or omit anything you want. The good thing is, you can test fry a little pattie and adjust seasonings as needed.

That said, here is my Farm Sausage recipe. Just omit the sage for a good starter.

3 lbs. ground pork butt
2 teaspoons ground sage
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon minced garlic
¼ cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon Kosher salt
¼ cup ice cold water

Grind the meat, mix in the seasonings and water until well blended. Let rest overnight for seasonings to blend.

x2 on what Thirdeye said. I'm not a real big fan of sage so I only use about half or a third of the amount the recipe calls for. I add other herbs like marjoram and thyme. also a little ginger.

well here he is on the phone

sorry had to delete it was a bit blue! But look-up jimmy dean sausage sage maple complaint. too funny You-tube

If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, that is some funny chit! :mrgreen:

Second the salt and pepper sausage thing. Have a butcher here that sells S&P sausage and it is really good.

Jeff

There is a place out here that does Salt and Pepper sausages, they are terrific. I also like the ones with just a little herbal quality. What Thirdeye says is true, you can pretty much remove one ingredient, or many, and get away with it.

Back