100lbs of Kingsford in my Grocery Cart...

NY Pork Junkie

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I don't know how it happened, or when they snuck in, much less what might have motivated them, but when I went to check out, I'll be damned if there weren't 5 of them in there grinning at me.

I was going to take them out, but I'm not the sort of man who makes work for other people, let alone make some poor grocery bagger lug all 100lbs back from whence they came. Besides, they were only $5.00 a bag marked down from $10.00.

That makes sense to you guys right? It's not like I have a problem. I wish somebody more articulate than me would explain it to my wife.

Normal thing to do right???

HnfXc1N.jpg

Nice score, I'm sure your wife won't pass on a bargain.

This problem needs further investigation. I would retrace your steps and see if you wind up with 5 more bags. Then you can tell wifey it wasn't your fault. It was a natural outcome caused by a particular series of events.

This problem needs further investigation. I would retrace your steps and see if you wind up with 5 more bags. Then you can tell wifey it wasn't your fault. It was a natural outcome caused by a particular series of events.

Now that there makes perfect sense. The scientific method has been the guiding light of humanity for centuries... it would be irrational not go back with a second cart!

The only problem I see is too much bread taking up space in the cart where there could be charcoal. Ask your wife about that!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

And yet.....my eye is drawn to the Diet Snapple.

I freaking love that stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember two things that I was making a conscious effort not to look at in that in that moment in time, Snapple wasn't one of them. Now I feel a moral obiligation to try diet Snapple!

It's not like I have a problem. I wish somebody more articulate than me would explain it to my wife.
If you like the stuff the problem is you got too few bags, great price....

Which Walmart in NY was that out of Junkie?

It was actually in the Hannaford just north of the Albany city limits. I got the last 5 bags I'm afraid. It was just stacked on a table with squirt guns and other summer things they didn't want in inventory for the winter.

I can't understand folks that only grill and smoke in the summer. I find that meat doesn't begin to respond properly to smoke until it's 50 degrees F and below. Hell, when I spent the winter up in Ft. McMurray, Canada (400 miles north of Calgary!) the smoke just wouldn't leave the smoker no matter how hot you ran it. They told me that the meat got so smoky because the smoke hid in the meat out of fear of the -40F temps outside the smoker. I for one believe there something to that... :)

+1 Is it any good? We do not get it here....

I haven't tried it yet. I hadn't see it before either. I figured it couldn't be too bad, especially for the price, and especially since I favor applewood anyway.

Applewood & cherry are my two favorite smoking woods. I'm surrounded by orchards and I have lots of cherry cutoffs and shavings from woodworking.

It was actually in the Hannaford just north of the Albany city limits. I got the last 5 bags I'm afraid. It was just stacked on a table with squirt guns and other summer things they didn't want in inventory for the winter.

I can't understand folks that only grill and smoke in the summer. I find that meat doesn't begin to respond properly to smoke until it's 50 degrees F and below. Hell, when I spent the winter up in Ft. McMurray, Canada (400 miles north of Calgary!) the smoke just wouldn't leave the smoker no matter how hot you ran it. They told me that the meat got so smoky because the smoke hid in the meat out of fear of the -40F temps outside the smoker. I for one believe there something to that... :)

I will have to check the Hannaford and Wally World in Watertown, NY when I drive down on Monday. I know what you mean about the minus 40 weather in Alberta, having spent 10 years there myself.

j

Back