The invasion continues...

sampson

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Another UDS is born, here's some pics of my new baby!

Thanks to whoever it was that put this template on the site. I took the pdf to a printer and had it blown up and laminated. Made all the measuring unnecessary.
100_1620.jpg

A bit of a burn out. I mean the drum, not me!
100_1630.jpg

A fella tends to get a bit dirty whilst grinding out the last of the crap on the inside.
100_1635.jpg

The herd is beginning to grow...
100_1664.jpg

Look how shiny that grill is! A couple a butts should burn it in real nicely.
100_1666.jpg

It's a beautiful thing!
100_1678.jpg

It was gone minutes later!
100_1672.jpg

I kept this one real simple, not really any mods at all. In fact I'm using 'fridge magnets for the inlets. I like the infinite adjustablity and low cost. I still have one more to get done before the middle of May when our first contest is here in Utah.

Sampson,

That's another good looking UDS. I have my second one burned out. I just need to do the dirty part and finish it up. It is a B-day present for my bro-in-law. I have another one to do for my father-in-law, and finaly the 3rd will go to my drum corp.

Can you point me to the .PDF file you were talking about with the measurements?

Thanks,

Good looking drum, welcome to the steel drum crew!

I got to find that template - and blowing up and laminated sounds like the way to go - family's already asking if I can build them one

HLaS

Lookin' good Sampson...and this..."I kept this one real simple, not really any mods at all. In fact I'm using 'fridge magnets for the inlets. I like the infinite adjustablity and low cost."...is genious! :biggrin: Great idea!

I can't find the original but I've attached a copy here. I don't want anyone thinking this is something I did. I just found it here... somewhere.

Attachments

• divided-circle for bds.jpg
    divided-circle for bds.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 397
Looking good sampson. I might have to throw a butt on the BDS now.

great looking drum there, enjoy. foods really looking good. Smoke on Bro.:-D:cool:

Great looking drum Sampson. Kiss at its best!
Some questions

How tall are your drums?

What is grate distance from top of your drum?

What is food grate distance from your fire grate and distance from bottom of drum to your fire grate?

Thanks and nice job:icon_bigsmil

Wondering what type of black paint did you use? Your finished smoker is very nice.

I saw that first pic and thought you were making a sundial or something.

Nice looking cookers there. Getting dirty is half the fun. Great build!!

Excellent info Sampson. Love those drums! Food looks great with that bark. It just continues to get better as well. Definately understand the dirty face pic...ain't it cool!!!

Back