bds on wheels ?

blues_n_cues

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
ok here goes... (lights a smoke & gets a rum drink)theres beacoup eggheads & bds smokers on this site- i dang sure ain't ready to go fork for 4 eggs(i'm all about the coin & catering)but i've been around the bds ideal fer years & thought if i did it ...well it(or they) need to get down my ramp. now i got ideas but ,has anyone done it yet ?? cause i've been pulling full drums(like that matters)around boats & oilfield for years- 'lil hard on the back... any ideas other than giant planter carts on wheels ? no the dolly is not the option- i'd love to spin around fer the wind direction....

I use ones like these on my deck or at a comp, they make it easy to move them around on a flat surface.
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_18567_18567

But humping them over the lawn or any distance, I use a hand truck. At work I occasionally have to change out the air pumps on lube barrels and we have all the dollies and forklift rigs a guy can do it safely, I'd hate to do it all day!
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallpartial

I don't know if it was an OSHA thing, but almost all of our drums in the shop have Rubbermade 5 wheel dollies now.

I believe Ashmont is the person you want to talk to I think it was his that had a wheel on it

Your post ws a little confusing for me this time of the morning but...
Dutro-Cascade-Drum-Truck-300410M.jpg

storeroom_fig_6.jpg

That should make it easy to get down any ramp as a finished UDS wont weigh much. Failing that tie a rope to the doly and lower it from the back ot the truck /trailer.

Last edited:
Bubba had wheels on his as well. I'm going to get a couple of those today....

Look at my avatar bro, three wheel's mounted to the bottom, 2 fixed and 1 swivel, i'll admit it's a lil top heavy this way but for moving around when it's empty it work's!! :wink:

I have 4 wheels on mine. 2 castors and 2 non. 4" size.Works well

Back