New egg owner

R

Rob Colvin

I just recieved an egg for my Bday....(my wife and her friends are awesome)!!!!

I was wondering which is better.... bge platesetter or a woo3?

I wonderi which gives more flexibility?
I cook everything from pizza to pork butts and anything in between. Thoughts?
Rob

which size egg? I can speak very highly of both the plate setter, and any product from the ceramic grill store. They both have their purposes.

I'd get the egg version. I've had the XL for a year now and it's fantastic. You will dominate.

Call the ceramic grill store and talk to them They are very nice I have toe plate setter wcich is really good. I also have the adjustable rig which is very versatile BTW Congrats and Enjoy

I have a platesetter and an adjustable rig and use both. If you can only do one, the adjustable rug or Woo are more versatile than the platesetter.

the adjustable rig with a stone (i like the oval) and a spider and a 10 inch cast iron grid will allow you to do anything you want to do on an lbge.

I've had a large BGE w/platesetter for 5 years, but in my opinion, the large adjustable rig system is far more versatile. The system can be configured many ways to suit the type of cooking (direct/indirect) and amount of food you intend to cook.

the large rig is way more versatile. but i still use the heck out of my platesetter, comes in handy when doing high temp pizza, use the platesetter to knock down some of the high direct heat coming off the coals, and the stone on a rack up higher in the dome.

I have both and use both, probably the plate setter more.

I have both and use them for different things...the woo3 is my raised grid for spatchcock and my indirect for low and slow. The place setter is for pizza only. I find that unless you cover the place setter perfectly every time with foil grease gets in it and pizza taste too smokey...

I have a large Egg with a platesetter, an Adjustable Rig (Ceramic Grill Store) an oval stone that fits on the AR and a 13" pizza stone that sits on the spider. I haven't used the platesetter since getting the Adjustable rig. For ribs and roasts, I use the oval stone on the bottom level of the adjustable rig. It protects the ends of the longest slabs. For pizza, I use the 13" stone on the spider (inverted) and a 16" stone on top of the AR where it is hottest. (I got a lotta stones! :p)

Back