Big storm. High winds. Trees down. A man with a smoker doing his civic duty!

DeepElemCue

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
What??!!! The road is blocked above my house? A maple and an oak down you say? Helps on the way!!!!

same day I get a call from my brother....

Your peach tree needs pruning? Without seeing it I believe you are correct it DOES need pruning. Be there tomorrow.

I like to think I do my part.........

What a good guy helping everyone out like that!

I'm thinking you will get part of your reward when you fire up your cooker!

I'm thinking you will get part of your reward when you fire up your cooker!

No no!! I do it to see the smiles on all the children's faces when....they can drive......down the road. That's it!!! It's all about the children.

No no!! I do it to see the smiles on all the children's faces when....they can drive......down the road. That's it!!! It's all about the children.

Children of all ages smile when they eat good Q too, just sayin.:becky:

That's why I stay very close to my buddy that owns peach, prune, and almond orchards. Never know when he might need some help trimming.....:grin:

Brad

Absolutely. I do it for the greater good. My reward will be great in heaven. I like to think of myself like Gandhi with a chainsaw.

Nice to meet you Ghandi, They call me Yoda. :mrgreen:

A while back I was in to lumberjack competitions. My saw is bored, stroked (65 to 87cc), ported, and has been on a dyno to verify what I feel when I pull the throttle.

I do it for the smile it puts on my face.

I need a saw!! For mesquite & oak cuttin'. wish I could find a husky 346 in good shape local.

I bought a cheapo reciprocating saw through harbor freight and was gifted a chainsaw by my Dad. Both work well, but you'd be amazed at how well that $30 saw from HF works.

Might have to check that out. I was even thinking of the Poulan 2050 from HD.

My neighborhood produces the best TBS....Silver Maple, Mulberry and Oak...Can't beat it!:-D

What??!!! The road is blocked above my house? A maple and an oak down you say? Helps on the way!!!!
same day I get a call from my brother....
Your peach tree needs pruning? Without seeing it I believe you are correct it DOES need pruning. Be there tomorrow.
I like to think I do my part.........

I think it's the Boy Scout in all of us that comes out when we see free wood.
I keep my large Chain Saw handy for these 'Emergencies'...

There are a lot of Pecan trees around my area, and as a good deed I remove downed trees and limbs...
A few Apple and Pears split apart in windstorms too.
Another Example... When the hot weather breaks, I'm gonna take down a dead Persimmon tree for my Brother-In-Law...
It requires work on my part, but I don't have to buy wood, just wait for it to dry.

Last edited:
Back