What's your best Ramen noodle concoction?

We'll sometimes use these for noodles when we make stir fry. We haven't used the salt packet, I mean seasoning packet, in years
Yeah, had to cut way back of my ramen intake, BP was gettin a little high compounded with the BBQ. Back to 115/60

One pack of Chicken flavored Ramen noodles and add a teaspoon or two of Texas BBQ Rub original. :grin:

Yeah, had to cut way back of my ramen intake, BP was gettin a little high compounded with the BBQ. Back to 115/60

Have tossed out those packets for years - and have replaced with a little HDD and leftover pulled pork or chicken.

I cook the noodles but not the broth packet. Then I quickly fry the noodles with ginger, fish sauce and garlic pepper paste. To that I add grilled chicken, peppers, cilantro, apples (cilantro and apples go great together with ginger), grilled zuchinni or yellow squash and grilled onions, chives/green onions, lemon zest, etc. I then top it with hoison, oyster, peanut or terriaki sauce, depending on my mood. It is always a hit.

Nissin Tonkotsu flavor. I boil the water with Kimchi and then add the spice packets. Then I throw in the noodles with Chicharones (pork rinds). Delicious!

My youngest like to eat the ones in the styrofoam cups. We drain out the water, add a little shredded cheese, some sour cream, and Tapatio, Sriracha, or Chalula! Quick, simple, and delicious.

Matt

They're even good straight up!

darn, forgot one of the main ingrediants, an stirred in while cooking. gotta have that !

one bag, half packet, sliced smoked spam, soy sauce and sirachi. after that you can add what you want. sometimes mushrooms or cabbage or seaweed or----.
its a great medium for leftovers. eat it about 3 times a week.

My wife crushes the noodles, and the chicken ramen soup flavor packet in an Asian slaw that she makes. Delicious!

For those all too frequent late night ramen cravings we take a quick 10 minute drive to Little Tokyo and grab seats at the counter at any one of several hole-in-the-wall ramen-ya's. Ramen/gyoza/rice set is what I always order.....about 7 bucks....+ large Kirin.

I can't even look at them anymore. When I moved out and I was around 19 my roommate and I would frequently by them by the case. When we had extra money we would add in frozen tortellini, yum!!

Had some left over Italian beef and remembered this thread so I boiled a batch, drained, and then added the Italian beef and a splash of Worcestershire sauce...mmmmmm

The way I ate them in the Army, crackers and cheese warmed up in a canteen cup with a heat tab.

I tried to doctor some up for my lunch today and remembered that some of you add an egg.
I used the shrimp version of ramen noodles, added the egg, cooked shrimp and scallions. Then added 1/2 of the seasoning pack.
It was good, not great but the egg and shrimp really helped a LOT.

Thanks for the ideas!!

i crush them, throw away the packet, cook them in beef broth, add pulled pork, drain after a few minutes and cover with shredded cheese.

I did this a couple years ago and the Ramen part came out quite good. So much so that the kids actually ask for it. The plate is cedar paper grilled Salmon, spinach salad with Mandarin Oranges, crushed ramen and some kind of Asain dressing, the mushrooms are stuffed with crab meat and topped with a Chipotle Cheddar and the ramen was cooked normally in water, drained and dried on paper towels and then fried to a golden brown in Sesame oil with a splash of Rice Wine vinegar. Freakishly good.

Anyone ever tried adding a raw egg with microwaved Ramen? Like, maybe microwaving them super hot, stirring in the raw egg, then nuking a minute more? Wonder if you could get egg drop soup like that.

The whole point of Ramen to me is simply and dirtying up a pan is against my Ramen philosophy. LOL, joke. But for real, I don't think I've ever pan boiled Ramen in my kitchen.

Now, this will be odd, as I am of Japanese descent, but, most of the Japanese ramen is really poor quality anymore. The better stuff is hard to find. Sooo, I buy the Korean Nong Shin Ramyun, in the spicy flavor.

I cook the noodles until they just come apart, remove from water. Using 2 cups if clean water, I add 1/2 of the spice packet, then 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon pepper sauce. I then saute up bean sprouts, shredded cabbage, sliced green onions, toss the noodles into the broth until soft-ish. Noodles in bowl, boiling sauce, then vegetables. Then a soft boiled egg on top.