View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
walrus79
On the road to being a farker

If the chicken score referenced in the original post was for taste, I agree that the 6 score was off if the the judge liked the taste so much that he put "chicken was good" on the comment card. However, I think the assumption can be made (since it wasn't clarified in the post), that the score was for tenderness. I could see marking at least one point for not bite through skin (skin wasn't too bad, just pulled off with the first bite), and up to 2 points if it's just bad skin, rubbery or over cooked/near burnt. Of course who knows how the tenderness of the actual meat was...could have been spot on or a little chewy/overdone. There simply isn't enough information on that card to determine if it was inappropriate or not in my opinion.

In my opinion as a relatively new judge, I think comment cards should be mandatory for 5s and below and highly recommended for 6s and optional for anything above (7s and up pretty much speak for themselves). Also as a relatively new cook, I welcome any and ALL feedback. As invested as many of us are, you know if you get a comment card this BS vs. one that is actually good info or at least explains why that particular judge gave that particular score.

My two cents.
walrus79 is offline   Reply With Quote