He made me a deal I couldn't refuse - and I refused it.

It's heartening to know there is light at the end of my very dark tunnel....:thumb:

I was at Sip and Swine this weekend and stopped by the Primo booth. The guy there had some loose screws on an Extra Large Primo and I tightened them for him with my multitool. I commented that I would love to have one but couldn't afford it and he offered me their demo that was new when the competition started for $1100. It had all the options and the total cost of everything new was over $2000. My buddy said I should do it but I remembered my pledge to my wife not to buy any more smokers and walked away. No regrets. I'm 66 and finally growing up! Wouldn't have happened 5 years ago.

The Wisdom of Old Age :becky:

great job walking away man.
in my line of work one thing I see that still never ceases to amaze me is that many rich people Ive come in contact with live like they are poor and many poor people live like they are rich.

Funny story, my wife said to me the other night that I have grown up allot in the last few years. She was referring to what you had just said. I spent allot of money over the years, however on big ticket toys. I have gotten to the point that things don’t make you happy, family does. (Sometimes Hehe) However I would have bought grill!

Sir, you are a better man than me....I would have told the sales guy to just take my money :-D

Of course...then hope my wife doesn't kill me when I get home.

I think it was someone from your team. Hope you did well!

If we were talking about the Southern Thunder Que University class, then that was me. Good talking with you guys.

We took 3rd in chicken and 10th overall in backyard.

Craigslist Ad:

"New/Used Primo. Purchased grill & all accessories for $2,000. Pissed off wife. Cooked on it once, wife was so mad she wouldn't eat. Need to sell ASAP. $1,800 or best offer."

Come off it a bit and sell for no less than $1,500. That was a deal.

Good for you. I ended a marriage by buying my ex-wife a lawn mower for Christmas. I decided I'm better at buying gifts for myself.. :)

Got ya beat.

Good for you. I ended a marriage by buying my ex-wife a lawn mower for Christmas. I decided I'm better at buying gifts for myself.. :)

Bought my wife a lawn tractor (Cub Cadet) for mothers day gift. Guess i'm lucky, she loves it and mows the back 40 :-D

Back