Bad Ribs!

thunter

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Well, it finally happened to me! I smoked two slabs of ribs Sunday; after they got done I took a cooks taste test and Yuk! They were spoiled! They smelled fine out of the packing but there was obviously a problem so I had to throw it all out! Whats worse is the fact that I use some of the rib drippings in my sauce - it had to go too! Even worse, I use some of my sauce in my baked beans - gone! What a bummer of a day! If you want to Read the Full Account you can check it out on my website. Here is a pic of my beautiful but spoiled ribs! :( :( :evil: :evil:

That sucks. So there no way of telling they may be bad in the package?? Bummer.

Im still a butt guy. I do ribs every so often to please others. Give me a pulled Q sammich on a CWB and Im in heaven. Along with a cold chilly one ofcourse.

That is a drag. So, there was no tell-tale odor at all, not even a slight one? Had they been repackaged into the shrink wrap styrofoam tray jobbies, or did they have the "previously frozen" sticker?

The only times I've noticed an off odor out of the package, I have called the meat counter, telling them I'm heading right back down to the market. I only took my receipt, not the ribs, but don't recall if I showed it or not. They were replaced on the spot.

That really does suck. I hope not to have that happen to me. I have some baby backs I'll be smoking this coming weekend from Costco. As well as maybe some beef ribs for the wife she's allergic to pork. She does know what she's missing though.

Just curious - where did you buy them? We hardly ever buy meat at Wal Mart any more. We've had too many surprise skunky openings. My neighbors are the same way. Perhaps it's just my Wal Mart.

Might be something wrong with your sniffer. I can always smell a bad rack. When you buy hundreds of racks, every now and then a bad one makes it in.
Are you sure they didn't spoil somewhere along the way during handling and prep. It can happen.

Dang, Tony. Sorry about that, bro. At least nobody got sick...

Back