Thread: No Report
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #11
Skip
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
Skip,

While it's just my humble opinion, and I can accept the 'off-season' logic to a point, think of how many CBJ class' are held just prior to a comp (Ed Roith's reports), I would also think that this would feed into the Education Committee with regards to materials and changes to the information taught based on rule changes and clarifications. I would also think that summer would be the prime time for the Philanthropy Committee to be at it's busiest.

And yet all we seem to hear is "No Report".
Nope I do agree. I've just been burned before jumping to conclusions too early. I try to give every benefit of the doubt and let the chips fall where they may. You make three valid and hard to contest points. Education and CBJ classes do go hand in hand. Fundraising would be best in the height of the season when spectator and member co mingle at numerous events and yes the off season idea only hold so much water.

I wonder if we are upsetting the apple cart as it were. Perhaps this is normal business as usual and membership is only now taking a good hard look at what their board is doing.

"you're eating tree RAT, tree RAT, you're eating RAT!" -- landarc
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote