Hot and fast ribs - is there such a thing?

Tricky

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
What's the fastest you have done ribs and still been pleased with the results? And at what temp?

This is more than a hypothetical question . . . its past 6 pm and I'm wondering if I can still have ribs for dinner tonight!

[Update: rack of BBs on the cooker now . . . starting pics below and more to come]

Last edited:
I've done St louis spares in 3 hrs @ 325 and the were overdone. Just watch the sugar.

Edit: it's 3 hrs @300

I was thinking of doing some back ribs at 325 - I'll keep a good eye on them and will probably not use a rub with sugar in it - thanks for that good tip.

I have done BB's in 2 hours on the bottom rack of my vertical UDS type cooker at 325. Nekkid the whole way and they were darn good. It was done by accident. I had a ton of ribs going and meant to rotate them but forgot. When I went to wrap them the bottom racks closest to the fire were done.

OK, found a nice slab of BBs and pulled the membrane, hit with a dusting of SM Season All and Plowboys Yardbird. Hopefully that doesn't have too much sugar.

On the Rec Tec at 325. Let's see how long they take!

ALso grabbed a few ears of corn. Thinking of throwing them on nekkid in their husks after the ribs have been running about an hour, under the theory that the ribs will take around 2.5 hours and the corn would then cook for about 1.5 hrs. Any better guidance on corn cooking time at 325?

Two hours in and they're looking good. Just wrapped them in some foil for the home stretch. I pulled a corner off the rack and the flavor is great, just need a bit more time to get tender.

Back