Recommend me a remote thermometer...

Beentown

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Old digital gauge died. What do you recommend?

Looking at getting another Maverick. I want a good quality unit with a remote readout. Seems hard to beat the Maverick Redi Check for $49.99 delivered.

What else should I be looking at?

Mav et-732 is tried and true. The 733 has had its share of problems so waiting for those bugs to get worked out wouldn't be a bad thing. The 732 is a great unit.

I love my 732 but the probes can be a problem. Only use it for smoking. Get a Thermapop ot Thermapen for grilling. Don't ask how I know this!

I say the maverick 732 as well, i have an early version of a maverick and it kicks my igrills but for reliability

Mav et-732 is tried and true. The 733 has had its share of problems so waiting for those bugs to get worked out wouldn't be a bad thing. The 732 is a great unit.

What 733 problems are you referring to?
What bugs need to be worked out?
Mine has been working flawlessly.

JP

Honestly, Mav 732 or 733.....can't go wrong. I also have the iGrill. I love it, despite the negative reviews on it.

I have a couple of mavericks but I actually prefer the "backyard grill" one from Wal-Mart. The lead is plastic/rubber covered so I never use it on the grill but I've had much better luck with it than the maverick where the probes are pretty easy to damage. I don't remember what I paid but it was probably about 20. My wife picked up another on closeout last year for $4.

The only thing I don't like is there is no display on the transmitter unit but that's not a huge issue. It's the one I use first at this point.

I'm pleased with the ET-732. It's hard to beat it for the price. I've had mine for a year with no problems whatsoever. I have a hole drilled in all of my smokers with a rubber grommet inserted for the probe and wire to pass through. Keeping the weight off of the wire should help lengthen the life of the probes.

$44.90 delivered

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Maverick-Et-732-Remote-Smoker-Thermometer/dp/B004IMA718/"]Amazon.com: Maverick Et-732 Remote Bbq Smoker Thermometer: Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Ci95tscGL.@@AMEPARAM@@41Ci95tscGL[/ame]

I'm liking the 733. First time using it and have nothing to compare to it due to just getting into smoking, but seems like it is working quite well!

Mav et-732 is tried and true. I have used this for the past 3 yeas with no issues.

Back