View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 11:56 AM   #11
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBarry View Post
Yes but I was under the impression that last year was light for a reason, not the norm!

It's a great event, worth the 6 hours of travel for us, but I am not happy about the fact that they revealed such a light pool AFTER they emailed the applications to the competitors.

Maybe if everyone who got the email sent back their feelings, it would be helpful...

Thoughts?
It looks like the entry fee goes up every year but not the prize money. I believe the number of teams has also risen every year which should mean more money for the prize pool.

The links Didn't work. Anyway the application for 2004, 2007 and 2008 are on the NEBS Yahoo group in the file section. 2004 was $90/$110, 2007 was $125/150 and 08 is $150/$175 . NEBS/Non NEBS Granted sanctioning fees have risen this year but that doesn't account for the number of teams. In 07 there were 36 teams in the event. I'm not sure about prior years. 36 x $125 is $4500 and I'm sure a good number of teams were not NEBS members so that number goes up.

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.

Last edited by YankeeBBQ; 02-08-2008 at 01:09 PM..
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote