It is getting closer

chingador

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The Super Bowl, that is. What is your plans for the super bowl menu. At chingador central, the annual super bowl party menu will be:

2 briskets (about 12-14lbs ea)
2 pork butts (about 8lbs each)
6 fatties (4 czech pan sausage from Prasek's in Hillje,TX, 2 bratwurst)
mexican style shrimp cocktail
chili con queso
salsa
homeade tortilla chips
pot of beans
carolina style cole slaw
vegetable tray
chocolate chip cookies
hot dogs for the kids

Generally, the barbequeing and all other cooking is done the day before. Consequently, the heavier partying is done on saturday too. Most people show up saturday and pound the beer while I barbeque. I am guessing that the fatties will be mostly consumed saturday with hopefully enough left over for sunday breakfast. I will reheat the brisket and butts for the party on Sunday for sandwiches.

What are your plans? Let's hear it!!!!

Haven't got it nailed down yet. Either Brisket and butt the day before, then some fatties, ABTs, and Slovacek sausages the day of, or will do Chicken and Ribs and cook it all on gameday. Guess I better get up and go to early church though if I go the chicken and rib route.

I am hoping for an invite to Chingador's place!!!!

Spunds like a great spread brother!

Superbowl Sunday is my son's 3rd birthday. He wants pizza so we are going to make our own. I plan to use some fatties and cook some on my 075 and gas grill.

I have been obsessing about Phil's McRib sandwich since finding an old post on it! The host of the regular party I go to cooks the meat, and asks for appetizers, so I thought slicing it into serving size portions would let me get away with calling it horse doovers.:idea: May take some fatties, too!

We just decided to do something for Super Bowl last night. Didn't take long to fill the house. Doing a brisket, stuffed pork loin, Phil's cheesy bread with deli meat for sammiches, Slovacek sausage, Opa's sausage, some Earl Campbell hot links, carne guisada, and finally beef and chicken fajitas. Dips, chips, and beer. Just hoping for some good weather now!

My MIL's cousins granddaughter is married to Peyton Manning and I'm waiting for that offer to join them in the Skybox on the 50 yard line! I hope there will be BBQ!

Always do big Crawfish boil and make some sausage & yardbird Gumbo served over rice.

So far this is what I got. I think a buddy is bringing his smoker and stuff as well.

2 pork shoulders
3 fatties
1 turkey
Bunch of ABT's
Rolled sausage

I'm bringin some Margarita fixins and my mixer to Chinga's place in Pearland.
Casadores, Tres Amigos, maybe some 1817, who knows. Hopefully I can get an early flight out of Hobbie that next morning so I can get my kindegardner to school on time.
My niece(also a Pearland resident) will gladly come get my drunk arse after the game.

Alright, no quila then. I got fresh Shiner Hefe half barrel in my kegerator. I'll drag it to your place on the plane with me.

Maybe I'll fry up some Jalepeno/cream cheese stuffed wantons with a sweet and sour sauce. Ya' know, to get us to the butts and brisket.

Doing a brisket so big that it has it's own zip code, a pot of chili, several dozen buffalo wings, hot links, supplemented with the neighbor's kegger.

Back