• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

stuffed hamburgers

mozzarella and roasted peppers
various cheeses

Top with fried egg instead of stuff.

Has anyone mentioned bacon?

Any thing that is good ON a burger is likely to be good IN a burger.

CD

What have you tried in the past?

Some ideas...

Bacon
Jalapeños
bacon
sautéed onions
bacon
sun dried tomatoes
bacon
sautéed mushrooms
bacon

WHile I agree that bacon is fantastic, I think its best crispy and it gets gummy when its inside of something and not directly exposed to heat. Just my $0.02

That's why you cook it first (the bacon)...then stuff it in the burger.:wink:
This is what I have done. I have put the bacon in the oven to cook, then I actually crumble it and mix it into the hamburger meat. I don't necessarily stuff the burger with it. Don't know if it would give a more uniform texture and taste as compared to a big chunk of bacon...
I have tried stuffing the burger with just cheese though, was "ok."

what devices are you guys using to stuff your burgers? just your hands? i can see that being frustrating and messy. i bought a burger patty maker that ive been dying to use, maybe i will try using it for stuffed hamburgers.

what devices are you guys using to stuff your burgers? just your hands? i can see that being frustrating and messy. i bought a burger patty maker that ive been dying to use, maybe i will try using it for stuffed hamburgers.
I have a press that I use. It's similar to a standard hamburger press, but it is a little taller on the cylinder wall. My wife bought mine for me from either Kroger or Walmart for Father's Day. It was only like 5 or 6 bucks.

The lid to a mason jar . Press some in, then add filling then 2nd 1/2 of meat. Push through ring and done.

Great for just making perfect patties too.

A lot of good ideas here...

But....

I can not believe no one has mentioned bacon (precooked of course)!!! :mrgreen:

Back