Smoked boneless pork tenderloin roast

petedawg70

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hello Brethrens/Sisterens,

I am doing a low/slow 5.5lb boneless pork tenderloin roast today on my 22.5 performer OTG. I was wondering has anyone done this before and how long did it take for the pork to reach 190 degrees? Thanks for your support.

Respectfully,

Petedawg
(USMC Ret.)

In my experience pork tenderloin is too lean to smoke low and slow. It just dries it out. Also, 190 is very over cooked

I would cook it much hotter it and take it to no more than 145 IT.

Take it off at 140 and let it rest for 20 minutes, it will be perfect by then.

I love to glaze it with a mix of thai chili sauce, whiskey or rum and apricot or peach jelly.

DM

I agree with the others about low and slow not being good for this lean a cut. I'm also confused. Is it a tenderloin or just a pork loin? 5.5 lbs seems awful big for tenderloin. When I buy tenderloin, they usually come 2 to a package and each are a couple lbs at most and only 2-3 inches in diameter at the thickest part.

First, are you sure that it's a tenderloin? The tenderloins I can get around here are never bigger than 2.5 - 3 lbs.

Second, I agree with the consensus above. Cook it to 135 - 140, rest, slice and enjoy!

If you go that high it won't even be fit to chop for chili.

OH OH - take the tenderloin on high heat to 130F in the center and let it rest for 5-10 minutes under foil.. it will still cook a bit further..

if you plan to grill to 190 might as well slice up an old sneaker... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

- Put some spices and herbs on it.
- Wrap it in bacon. Preferably do a Google search for "How to weave bacon".
- Put more spices and/or herbs on it.
- Smoke it at 275 until the middle is 145.

Should take the better part of an afternoon...."ish".....

Back