Restaurant depot

eagle697

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I have seen several people mention restaurant depot in threads for some time. I looked them up and there is one within driving distance. Having never seen one, is it that much better than a wholesale club like sams/bjs/costco? I do not have a business or tax number, but do a lot of work with a non profit, so getting a membership wouldn't be an issue, i just didn't know if it would be worth the hassle, when i already have a wholesale club membership. Thanks for the help.

I buy all my meat and other items there....The meat is so much nicer here then Sams or anywhere else.

IM will pigman they have small med and large ribs in singles and cases brisket in singles and cases heck all meats in singles and cases and the prices a better a lot of there prices for all things are good

IM will pigman they have small med and large ribs in singles and cases brisket in singles and cases heck all meats in singles and cases and the prices a better a lot of there prices for all things are good

I am going to attempt to translate to English. They carry most meats(briskets, rib roasts, strip loins) in case pack or by single cryo. The prices are lower than Sam's and I think they have varying qualities (Choice or Prime), not sure.

Now as for the small, medium and large ribs.........your guess is as good as mine, unless he means Beef ribs (large), Pork Spares (med), and Pork Baby Back (small). As I type this, I bet thats what he means,

Damn all the practice with Billy is paying off. :-D

sorry jab small med large is the pork ribs small bone med bone large bone witch means less or more meat big bone more weight less meat right ?lol when you got to rd look at all 3 sizes there is a price difference and meat difference as for the briskets there is a angus a choice and one other lol oh and on the ribs you can get them in IBP lights and IBP St. Louis cuts
per cut for comps

sorry jab small med large is the pork ribs small bone med bone large bone witch means less or more meat big bone more weight less meat right ?lol when you got to rd look at all 3 sizes there is a price difference and meat difference as for the briskets there is a angus a choice and one other lol oh and on the ribs you can get them in IBP lights and IBP St. Louis cuts
per cut for comps

For rib sizes are you just talking small variations in the bone size, or is it really noticeable? Also, I know what St. Louis cut it, but what is ISP lights or ISP st luois?

If it is within a reasonable driving distance it is worth the hassle, it is free if you have a Business License or a Non-Profit paperwork, it is pretty easy and only takes about 5 minutes.

Prices for meat are a bit cheaper than Sams or Costco (at least here in MI).
Becareful with the paper products, the lower priced ones are lower priced for a reason. I prefer Sams for those types of items.

Will you just be shopping for home use or for Catering or Business ??

Their meat offerings are definitely higher quality than Sams and they have St. Louis cut spares which Sams does not carry. Good place to go if reasonably handy.

plus you can go in the cooler and grab your own cases..this is good if pack date is an issue for you..
there is just no comparison with Sams..Restaurant Depot has so much more to choose from meat wise as well

How many hoops must one jump thru to get a Business License, say with the city or county of residence? Can you say you are starting a catering biz, pay a fee and get license and thats it? Or to you also have to grease a health inspector, show a p&l for renewal, etc.??? TIA!

How many hoops must one jump thru to get a Business License, say with the city or county of residence? Can you say you are starting a catering biz, pay a fee and get license and thats it? Or to you also have to grease a health inspector, show a p&l for renewal, etc.??? TIA!

Was curious about that as well. If you have no license can you still go the the Restaurant Depot and pay admission or buy a membership or something? There is one about 15 miles from me and I'd like to see what it's all about.

I got a card if you want to go.. I will be going sometime in March if you are interested PM me I will give you more details

This place rocks! The best part is it is not full of people woundering around aimlessly looking for free food samples. Most everyone in there shopping are pros with an agenda. Get in, get it & get out. You can even call in an order & have it waiting for you. I stopped by on Friday before Superbowl & picked up 66 slabs, 6 packers & 8 butts & a few other items, and was in & out in 30 minutes. The only thing that I have found that seems to need some improving is the check-out process. It seems that there's always some hang-up of sorts. It's like they spent all tis time & effort & money building this first-rate buisness & then went out down to the local highschool & grabbed a handfull of clueless girls to be checkers. But, I can deal wth that for all the other perks. They also have a great variety of spices & seasonings. Heck they got all kinds of stuff I don't even know what it is. Makes me wish I was a real cook.

Hey Marty: Tell us what it takes to get a card. You get one through your church?

I use it to buy meat for the church picnics and stuff. I had to provide MO tax Id for the church. I also had to fill out a form that was pretty easy. The only one downside is that they make you jump through hoops to write a check. I just pay cash or CC and turn the receipt into the church for reimbursement. Any business can get a card you don't have to be in the food business. If you had a flower shop, barbershop, owned a Instant oil change place could get a card. So any business or not for profit can have an account. Bring Tax id or EIN and your in...

One of the few places that care enough for their customers as to provide large winter coats for your use in the cooler They know most of us wiill lose track of time, drooling and wondering how to get all this stuff home. Shoulders(clods), cases and cases of beef, chicken and pork. All has been good so far. 20# Royal Oak lump $8.42.Fun place, Steve.

Jan 2007 bought 800lbs of shoulder. The drove it on a forklift out side and set it in my truck. It was cold enough that it wouldn't hurt it but I was scared it freeze. Oh OMG I an a cheese lover and they have a huge huge did I say huge selection of cheeses. Yes you WILL need a coat and I bring a stocking cap beacuse I am in the walkin drivein cooler...

My question is, is it worth driving 120 miles there and 120 miles back instead of just going to Sams club in town?

Back