Chuck Smoke Question and Pron

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Picture002-2.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

I searched and it looks like a Chuck can take 2 hours per lb. Did I buy the right cut? It is not over 4" thick.

About 3 hrs per lb, and it looks like ya got two around 2 1/2 - 3 so 7-9 hrs...gonna be good!
I should add, I assume you want pulled

Looks like 2 roasts to me which would work out to 2 1/2 to 3 EACH if the total is 5.5 lbs, so the 7 to 9 is not too far off. Look like nice cuts, BTW! :) Two to a pkg at Costco.

LOL. Not a prob there Harbormaster.... Heheheh

I foil at around 170. Those are some stubborn cuts. If you are planning to pull, then don't take them off until they are fork tender via twist test.

A long rest will do them good.

Last edited:
One roast or two you are going to love the chuckies. They are so good pulled.

Don't forget pics of the finished product.

TIME OUT, Stop the presses!

woah --- did I miss this back in BBQ kindergarten, or something ?

maybe it's the all the time with too little room to cook more than one at a time before my UDS, BUT if there are more than one item in the pit, are the times not lengthened accordingly ... ????

Dude, you need to get glasses or something! :shock:

It's 5 and a half pounds.

:wink:

woah --- did I miss this back in BBQ kindergarten, or something ?

maybe it's the all the time with too little room to cook more than one at a time before my UDS, BUT if there are more than one item in the pit, are the times not lengthened accordingly ... ????

No, they are both cooking at the same temperature (or close to it) at the same time.

It's 3am :icon_sleepy and just about ready to go on. Thanks for the advice!

Now if Harbormaster is allowed out of his room, hope to hear from him again. :wink::rolleyes: I'm still :lol: over that one.

Now if Harbormaster is allowed out of his room,
See what happens when you get in a hurry to post something funny, and you dodn't read all the posts closely? You make a fool of yourself and have to go to your room and sit tin the corner.

BTW, How those chuckies coming?

Too much farkin wind here to fire up a pit. :x I'm bummin'

Butt on at 3:30 this morning, threw on the larger Chuck at 8:30 and just put the smaller Chuck on at 11:00. I hope I am timing this right.

51cf5297.jpg

7b0929a8.jpg

Right on the money...
dca85bcb.jpg

Back