Thread: I am certified
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 09:36 PM   #12
parrothead
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesebob View Post
Congrats on the certification. I've been working on my catering license here and they don't require you to take a food handling or anything but I thought about taking one because it just seems I miss things.
I would suggest to anyone to take it if they have the time just for the heck of it. I pretty much knew the answers before I walked in, I just didn't know why.

The most important thing that I feel I took from the class is the reason for cooling product in a certain time frame. I had no clue. I knew how to do it as well as the proper temperatures and time frames, but now knowing why, it makes it that much more important.

I wasn't worried about passing as it was all common sense stuff. I was the first one done with the test and as I walked out I noticed that no one was even half way through it. This was after the instructor interrupted me to talk about HAACP plans that I had brought up to him because we have a need for some in our establishment. He took a full 5 minutes in the middle of my test to give me some answers and web sites.

Sorry, just a little happy, and celebrating. Did better than I had thought.

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote