• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Holding Brisket Question

Mrfish

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I have two briskets on the smoker should be done around midnight. I plan on serving about 4pm tomorrow.

Should I refrigerate? Wrap in 5 day cooler with towls? If so, how long will it hold? Rest a couple of hours then refrigerate?

So many questions! :decision:

Midnight to 4pm is too long to hold in a cooler. I've gone 5 or 6 hours, but that's 16 hours.

I would chill it reheat it for serving.

Not to take away from mrfish post but i have a quick question about a brisket I'm going to smoke in the morning. Should i go ahead and put the rub on tonight and let it set or wait until morning to apply the rub? I have also heard of people apply the rub at night then rub applying more rub the next day. Any advice will greatly appreciated!

In China we have very cheaper electrical oven, I can hold the brisket in electrical oven.
Just foil the brisket, maybe with extra wine/seasoning, insert probe into the brisket. and set the Brisket at 130F. Then you can keep it tens of hours

Not to take away from mrfish post but i have a quick question about a brisket I'm going to smoke in the morning. Should i go ahead and put the rub on tonight and let it set or wait until morning to apply the rub? I have also heard of people apply the rub at night then rub applying more rub the next day. Any advice will greatly appreciated!
I'd definitely rub it tonight... big cuts of meat take a while to absorb that flavor. More rub in the morning is up to you????

I've done both rub the night before or an hour before, and I like doing the night before. Could be in my head, who knows? Either way it is better than a McRib!

Back