View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #3
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by code3rrt View Post
I like to watch some of those off the wall cooking shows such as triple D, man vs food, chopped, just to name a few. This one I caught here last week had a restaurant with a BBQ brisket sandwich. They browned the brisket on the cook top then braised the brisket in the oven for 3-4 hours, added a little bbq sauce when they made the sandwich and wah la, BBQ. Another had a pulled pork bbq sand, same kinda idea, browned the pork butt in the oven, covered it in bbq sauce, back in the oven til it's fall apart tender and wah la, bbq'd pulled pork sandwich. Not that they were not good sandwiches when all was said and done, might have been pretty tasty.......but certainly NOT BBQ.
I saw those shows as well, unfortunately we as Americans in a fast paced society have forgotten the joy and the true flavors in real BBQ food. Many people settle for a quick easy way and consider adding the sauce as an official way to make it BBQ food. Over time they change things slowly and gradually, thus no one really notices the major change, the loss of flavors, and the loss of quality in the food.

This is true not only with BBQ, but with many other food crafts. (IE: Baking, Sausage Making, Curing, ect...)

What we settle for as sausage from the supermarket should appall us, in my opinion it's trash meat compared to what you can easily make in your home or buy from a real butcher.

IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->