• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

*Need some help* Northport Long Island VA hospital BBQ Cookout August 25

This should be a blast. Usually when you cook for something like this its for a fundraiser and you are cooking for joe publick. This is for the soldiers themselves. And sacco was a marine, even tho he is pretty weak. HI FRANK.

Wow... back in my hay day when I was full of piss and vinegar, I probably would have taken offense to that. However, I did serve my country? How was boot camp for you?:moon:

I'm looking forward to this cook! It ought to be a blast with the line up that has volunteered.

Thank you for honoring the veteran's in this wonderful way. I know they will all really enjoy it. You guys rock!!

Anybody have an idea of what time they'll be showing up Friday night?

Kudos , Brethren ..!!! The Vets will enjoy it , save some for the military working dogs also
if they are there ( they save the lives of our service members every day ) Semper Fi !!!
The T-Man........

Word was passed Sunday via the super secret brethren bat phone, arrival time Friday 6-7 p.m.

Here are all the logistics.We will be cooking 6 Briskets, 8-10 pork butts, 60 racks of ribs, and 40 whole chickens. Poobah wants to be ready to cook on Friday around 6 -7pm. All the big meats will be cooked on friday night and the chicken and ribs will be cooked Saturday morning. Food will be served between 11am and 3pm, and this will be done by the VA hospital staff. The cookers that are going to be used is Purple Pork Masters trailer, Phil and Blazin Butts FE, Joe (Mr. Dirts BBQ) cooker and my smoker. We do not need any WSM. The people who said they were going to help was Phil, myself, purple pork masters, BLAZIN BUTTS, Mr. Dirts BBQ, and the Grimm Reaper crew, and Wes. If i missed anyone I apologize, just chime in. Saturday's cook will start around 5am. I think Phils plans was to use the Pork Master Shwag in wagon and Mr. Dirts BBQ for the big meats on Friday and the FE's and my smoker on saturday Morning for the ribs and chicken. And we will then use whatever for holding the meats. If you guys cant make it friday just give us the heads up and we will figure it out. Nothing is set in stone with what smokers to use but he thought this would make the most scense. He was also driving and on his cell phone on speaker phone so he kept throwing random thoughts out, and was also getting lost when he was driving. This should be a fun time and with all the people who said they will help, a nice enjoyable time, even with sacco there.

Paul,

Confirming that my brother Mike, and I, and maybe my son Mike, will be there Friday, but probably not until after 7 (we only get home around 6).

As a vet myself I would love to assist, however I will be unable to make the trip. If anyone wants to get froggy and do something like this in Iowa at one of the sites I would love to help, assist, cook, rub elbows or just show up and eat some grub...

Paul,

Confirming that my brother Mike, and I, and maybe my son Mike, will be there Friday, but probably not until after 7 (we only get home around 6).
And probably the newest member of our team, Mike. Edit- After further review and a text from Tim our newest member apparently can not make this.

ill be there between 7-8, i got a quick job in whitestone on my way out there and depending on traffic, between commercial plates and trailer ill be on the LIE at 5-6pm, woohoo fun! :roll:

Well done Poobah and fellow Brethren.
I leave on vaca that day, or I would be honored to help.
Good luck!
:thumb:

Here are all the logistics.We will be cooking 6 Briskets, 8-10 pork butts, 60 racks of ribs, and 40 whole chickens. Poobah wants to be ready to cook on Friday around 6 -7pm. All the big meats will be cooked on friday night and the chicken and ribs will be cooked Saturday morning. Food will be served between 11am and 3pm, and this will be done by the VA hospital staff. The cookers that are going to be used is Purple Pork Masters trailer, Phil and Blazin Butts FE, Joe (Mr. Dirts BBQ) cooker and my smoker. We do not need any WSM. The people who said they were going to help was Phil, myself, purple pork masters, BLAZIN BUTTS, Mr. Dirts BBQ, and the Grimm Reaper crew, and Wes. If i missed anyone I apologize, just chime in. Saturday's cook will start around 5am. I think Phils plans was to use the Pork Master Shwag in wagon and Mr. Dirts BBQ for the big meats on Friday and the FE's and my smoker on saturday Morning for the ribs and chicken. And we will then use whatever for holding the meats. If you guys cant make it friday just give us the heads up and we will figure it out. Nothing is set in stone with what smokers to use but he thought this would make the most scense. He was also driving and on his cell phone on speaker phone so he kept throwing random thoughts out, and was also getting lost when he was driving. This should be a fun time and with all the people who said they will help, a nice enjoyable time, even with sacco there.

I spoke with the boss this afternoon. He mentioned that we need kettles to cook the burgers and dogs on. If anyone can strap one on their rig it will be appreciated. Paul stop being a douche, You love my humor!!

I spoke with the boss this afternoon. He mentioned that we need kettles to cook the burgers and dogs on. If anyone can strap one on their rig it will be appreciated. Paul stop being a douche, You love my humor!!
i plan on bringing my little 18" to cook me some dinner on friday/breakfast on sat, also i have about 8 2 ft on each side for direct cooking on my rig, so if we onnly use 1 side for smoking we still got the other one for burgers and dogs etc

Thanks everyone for jumping on this. The address is 79 middleville road northport. When u enter the complex the golf course will be on your right side. Continue past the golf couse up the hill to the guard booth. Tell them you are the cooks for the bbq for oef/oif(thats operation enduring freedom and operation iraqi freedom) the vets we are cooking for are from those campaigns.

As you pass thru the guards booth about 1/8 mile up on the left side is a field with a monument. We will be setting up on the right side of the field looking at it from the road.

There should be tents and tables set up. Im also trying to get ok from va to bring our car show folks down for a few hours.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

im bringing 2 kettles i hijacked a 22" from a buddy so ill be bringing 2 now :cool:
also im bringing a tray of smoked beans to add to friday nights lineup

Last edited:
Phil sent you a PM saying I may be able to help if you still need it Need to check with my wife and clear it with work

Back