Votes: 43 78.2%
  • boneless

Votes: 12 21.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HOG WILD BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Im sure this question has came about somewhere on the forum. in the comps do you prefer to turn bone in thighs or de-boned? we normally turn in de-boned thighs.

Tried both, suck at both!! Lol...we've yet to decipher chicken. Has cost us some potentially high finishes! New process on tap for this season...and will prob go bone in.

Last season was our 1st season cooking but we cook bone in. We ended up doing decent with it.

I have tried bone in and cut out the knuckle bone, de-boned a bone in thigh, and tried boneless and even though it is lmore abor intensive, I prefer to use bone in and trim or cut as needed.

I think if you have a very unevenly sized set of thighs, then you might go bonless because you can cut them to a uniform size easier. I have always done bone in though because I think the bone gives structure to the whole thing, but since I super tanked at the last practice cook, and the guy who scraped his skin down and did the butter bath thing took 1st place, I was thinkin I need to at least try it once.

Back