Thanks to the KCBS BOD

Scottie

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
*** Mods, if this needs to be moved to my forum, I understand. I wanted to make sure the BOD sees this though and to publicly thank them for all to see. They do not get enough thanks from us members. I want to make sure they do!!! ***

On behalf of the Corliss Johnson Memorial Foundation, I would like to thank the Board of Directors from the Kansas City Barbeque Society for considering and approving our Grant Request that we had applied for with KCBS. It is an honor to represent KCBS and all of it's members with our cause. We are a 501(c)(3) foundation that tries to have no overhead for our foundation. Monies raised go to cancer research and to assist those that are fighting cancer and for their families. To date, the foundation has awarded almost $150,000 in grants to support these matters. Much of the money that we have donated have come from our BBQ family across the US. For that, we thank you.

On a personal level. It humbles me to have the kind of support that we get. We have BBQ teams doing raffles, Societies that are raising monies to be hole sponsors at our golf outing, BBQ teams that donate portions of their winnings, teams/individuals that have lost a loved one and BBQ teams that give all of their winnings to the foundation. So thank you all. It makes me proud to be a part of the BBQ community and the one big family that we have. I keep hearing out on the road from folks on how this disease truly effects everyone. After hearing stories from CBJ's, bbq groupies and from fellow cooks I can understand how cancer effect us all differently.

I know that Corliss would just be so proud of the work that people are doing in her memory. I hope that one day, my girls can carry on the foundation and what we stand for. We will always continue our fight, as long as we are still looking for a cure.

Thank you all.

Cancer Sucks!
Scottie Johnson
President
Corliss Johnson Memorial Foundation

I share with everyone, the button that Corliss used to wear to chemo. Also a picture of my girls. Corliss was battling cancer in this picture. She never quit smiling and her strength was amazing.

Attachments

• Cancer Sucks Button!.JPG
    Cancer Sucks Button!.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 87
  • My girls xmas '01.JPG
    My girls xmas '01.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 88
Congrats Scottie. Great job by the KCBS BOD

Back