Weber S-670

grillin'fox

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I was visiting my family for the holidays and had a chance to check out my dad's new Weber S-670. I know some of you will tear me a new one for using a propane grill to cook with, but I had to try it at least once. I wasn't able to find a whole lot about using this grill to smoke so I figured I would toss in my two cents.

As far as propane grills go, this one is a beast with 6 burners and an included smoker box w/ a burner. I figured with this many burners I would have pretty good temperature control and enough space to fit the point brisket, boneless pork shoulder, two racks of baby backs, and a couple of fatties.

PC170001.jpg
[/IMG]

I started with the fatties, brisket, and shoulder at 1000hrs. The fatties were ready to come off a couple of hours later and served as a good snack. I foiled the brisket and shoulder when they hit 155F, and moved them into the oven with 4 hours to go for dinner so I could fit the ribs.

The ribs were some of the best I've done. I used part of the recipe from amazingribs.com and everyone enjoyed them.

PC170007.jpg
[/IMG]

PROs: Great temperature control- a solid 225 with only the two opposing burners on.
Lots of space on the grill
Reasonable gas usage - less than a full bottle and the grill was on 8hrs.

CONs: The filled burner box would only provide smoke for about 15mins, so I didn't get a great smoke ring on the meat- but the taste was solid.
Propane!

Sorry I didn't get any pics of the finished meats. The brisket was a little dry, but the shoulder was great and juicy. I got caught up in hosting duties and the food was soon demolished.

nice grill. I would love to have that on my patio. My Weber is about 12 years old and still workin like a champ. They are such great quality, it's hard to justify getting a new one.

Your pop has good taste.

Great post, thanks for sharing.

here's my old weber 10 years

2064187560041211880S600x600Q85.jpg

2540077970041211880S600x600Q85.jpg

And gets hot enough for pizza

2985247400041211880S600x600Q85.jpg

I've got a Summit and really enjoy it.

Nice cook too by the way!

I do love my Genesis and I think it's OK to speak of them around here as long as you don't go calling it BBQ. :wink: I have the cast iron griddle for it and it works great for sliders and cheesesteaks.

I would hit those ribs all day long. Nice work! :thumb:

Back